The Student Room Group
Reply 1
in summary, the main things i try and focus on are varying the tenses used, consciously trying to use every one i know. also, i know it sounds simple but learning crucial vocab and making sure u know the genders of important words, because any mistake is a mistake, no matter how simple it is.

also, having a vew random but significant and relevant facts to throw in every now and then is useful. it seems that a great proportion of marks in the oral (around 30%?) are actually given for something like the ability for you to respond, i.e. just answering the question without hesitation or delay. good luck.

i got an A btw, (81/90 i think)
I had my AS oral today and I think it went pretty well. I did homelessness, but I really wouldn't advise changing your topic so close to the exam. I'm sure your teacher would have told you if your topic wasn't very good. Basically, the most important thing is to practice. I'd had my presentation learnt off by heart for at least a week and I also knew a lot of facts/statistics to back up what I said. The more mocks you do, the better you get at answering unpredictable questions. Just try not to panic and if you hesitate, do it in French. Also, try to vary your vocabulary and grammar.
Reply 3
by presentation, do u mean the one minute introduction for your topic?
It was 2 minutes for me (Edexcel) but yeah.
Reply 5
I basically wrote my oral as a 12 minute presentation and learnt it in und auswendig!! Then whenever they asked a question i just reeled off a schpeel. I mean you have to know what it all means and stuff... but try to learn very specific phrases (stops you messing up your grammar!!) and play to your strengths!!

Latest