The Student Room Group

What if you have tourettes and your doing GCSE's?

Kinda random and pointless, i personally don't have tourettes but if you do are you supposed to do your exams seperate from everyone else because you could suddenly blurt something out/ turn around and would you get disqualified?
Yes, I think they would have them do it separately.
Yeah I think sometimes they do it alone in an empty room in the school.

I saw it on telly, it must be true!
G ******* C ******* S **** Es
They'd probably **** it up.
Reply 5
It would make language oral exams quite interesting, I imagine.
wasnnt there a program about this recently on tv
Reply 7
i heard about it, watching bgt instead. i've seen some videos of youtube of this tourettes guy.. nutter
Reply 8
Dubs_ski
Entertain everyone who's actually gonna pass? :yep:

I happen to know someone with Tourettes and he is one of my best friends and also one of the cleverest people in my year. So don't think that just because his brain is wired up slightly differently to our's that he is any less intelligent!
Reply 9
up north mcr
Kinda random and pointless, i personally don't have tourettes but if you do are you supposed to do your exams seperate from everyone else because you could suddenly blurt something out/ turn around and would you get disqualified?

:troll:
Reply 10
Good trolling for once.
I was wondering about this actually, in the middle of exams I always get the urge to laugh and that is bad enough without it being anything more serious.
I'm guessing they have to sit exams in a separate room? Depending on how their Tourettes affects them. It must be really difficult.
Reply 12
same i find really unfunny things funny! like a douchey invidulator with his pants up to his nipples, if he walks past and i hear my mate laughing i just wanna burst out. immature but meh...
A boy at my secondary school had Tourettes, and he was able to control it by chewing gum and jiggling his leg, so he was mostly able to do his GCSEs with everyone else. Obviously if someone suffers seriously from anything like that they would do the exams seperately...
Reply 14
Yeah, they'd do it in a separate room. Imagine if your 'trigger' word or whatever was a physics formula?

But yeah, they wouldn't put the person in the same room as everyone else, because it may be distracting.
Reply 15
You guys do realise that the rarest tic for suffers with ts is blurting out words randomly

Quick Reply

Latest