The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Clarky-x
I hate how people update their status constantly, with mindless rubbish and most annoyingly... in the 3rd person :mad: !!

"X is feeling happy today and is wondering what's for lunch"
"X is thirsty"
"X really likes apple juice, but needs the toilets now because they drank too much"

SHAAADAP! I hate it when people take pictures of everything they do, and everywhere they go! I take my camera with me everywhere just incase there is something worth snapping on my travels but some people need to control their snapping habits.

Erm, people have no choice in that, every status starts with your name. If everyone's status started with 'I...' how would you know who they are?
People who constantly update their status with boring things. I've got a nice run going at the moment of having all my statuses liked/commented on :p:
Reply 62
I hate the fact that my mum has added me on it and moaned at me when I ignored the request. She only wants to be nosy and see what i'm doing when I go away to uni :p:
John says "OMG I'm sooo depressed, everything is **** and I need to talk, help!"
Sam says "Hey what's up?"
John says "nm"

D:<
Pan's-Labyrinth
This actually made me LOL.

Also when people broadcast thier life in their status such as 'XXXX think you're an idiot, how dare you, you know who you are', cause then it gets me intrigued and I want to know who they are LOL.

And yeah people who upload albums and photos constantly, makes me wonder how they even have a life if they constantly take pictures, a friend I know has 80 albums, YES 80 ALBUMS.

On that last point, you know what else gets on my nerves?

My housemate, from DOWNSTAIRS, just messaged me ON FACEBOOK saying 'm8, get those pics from the summer ball up'.... After he uploaded about 65 photo's himself!

:banghead:

Love Deadmau5 btw.
It's sooo annoying when people have revision in their status.
"X should sooo be revising right now" - Get off facebook then and do some, because I really don't wanna hear about it..
Profesh
The interminable procession of cretinous ingrates who think it's somehow Facebook's fault that the people they voluntarily recruit to their 'friends' list are, by and large, equally cretinous.

This. Seriously, if someone you know posts rubbish you can either delete them or just choose not to see their statuses/photos etc. on the main page, there's a handy Hide button next to each posting.

Personally I can't stand people who keep you stupidly updated on their night out. What's worse is that there's a girl I know who keeps us updated even to the extent of the fact that she's pulled and is currently about to be rogered. No joke.
Clarky-x
Yeah, but can't they just ignore the fact there name is at the start and speak normally and leave their name just to identify themselves. I just went on facebook there and the first one I saw was

"-X- is selling his Rockness tickets :frown:"

What's wrong with;
"-X- I'm selling my Rockness tickets :frown:"

Speaking in 3rd person just makes you sound like a prize ****.

Beacause it used to be "X is [type here]", and the habit has stuck.
powered_by_pies
On that last point, you know what else gets on my nerves?

My housemate, from DOWNSTAIRS, just messaged me ON FACEBOOK saying 'm8, get those pics from the summer ball up'.... After he uploaded about 65 photo's himself!

:banghead:

Love Deadmau5 btw.

I swear its a competition as to how many photos people can be tagged in LOL 65 photos is more than a sufficient amount for me, infact a little too much I want to enjoy myself, not trying to pose and look good a camera, Im not famous :woo:.

also downstairs, thats plain lazy LOL.

Yeah Deadmau5 for the win :biggrin:
gravityisamyth
Some people on my friends have 100s...one person like this does actually have interesting photo albums of places she's been to and that, but the majority are just "Oceana 1(sooooo wasted!!11!)" "Oceana 2" "omgz Oceana 3"...and so on...

Yeah there is only so many photos I can hack of a friggin nightclub and 'being wasted' LOL, Id rather enjoy myself/have a dance/drink etc not act like a paparazzi crew :yes: tehe.
It doesnt bother me at all tbh :P i must be strange.. everyone i have on mine update theirs like 3 or 4 times a day, or every 10 minutes.. doesnt bother me at all..one thing that is annoying, is when you get randomers adding you, and i thought i made my profile secret :s-smilie: oh well
Reply 71
Clarky-x
Yeah, but can't they just ignore the fact there name is at the start and speak normally and leave their name just to identify themselves. I just went on facebook there and the first one I saw was

"-X- is selling his Rockness tickets :frown:"

What's wrong with;
"-X- I'm selling my Rockness tickets :frown:"

Speaking in 3rd person just makes you sound like a prize ****.

On top of what James said, you read it as it's written, one sentence/statement. Even if it wasn't a habit from when Facebook had 'is' after the name by default, people would still do it because of the way Facebook displays the status's, it kind of makes sense. People would only complain if Facebook started displaying them differently. It's designed to be more of a live thing rather than a forum sort of display.
I hate how its become a friend-as-many-strangers-as-possible type of site. It used to be JUST FRIENDS and people you actually knew. I started getting requests from randoms and I'd have to sit there and figure out where I might possibly know them from. Then I realised the fact that they were indeed randoms. Ugh.

I hate the million plus one applications on there. Most of which are utterly pointless.

I hate the fact that I want to delete it and cannot do that. I have.... maybe 10-15 people on there that I actually want to stay in touch with, but I know that we'll never bother sending emails to each other so if I delete my account, it's bye bye for good.

I especially hate the fact that I let it annoy me.
kaytee.
I hate the fact that my mum has added me on it and moaned at me when I ignored the request. She only wants to be nosy and see what i'm doing when I go away to uni :p:

Thank god my family are technophobes LOL
Reply 74
Illiterate chavs from your old school adding you when you hardly spoke a word to each other. Applications, quizzes, mundane status updates. QActually, I could make a list of things as long as my arm.
Reply 75
Pan's-Labyrinth
Thank god my family are technophobes LOL

My mum takes about an hour just to login :p:
I really shouldn't have introduced her to it..
Reply 76
Mr Edward Ucation
I find it really f*****g annoying, better not delete it though...

:top: Magic Dust likes this.
Reply 77
People who blatantly lie on their statuses, for example:

So&So: Is in the shower :smile:

NO you're effing well not you're on the sodding computer, you can't do both simultaneously and even if it were true your bathing is of none of my concern!
kaytee.

yeah me too. i feel the same way its like im going away to uni to get away from you and so you cant see what im doing all the time, why the **** would i add you on facebook mum?!
Annie72
Updating statuses doesnt really bother me, but what does is the million or so pictures they take on a night out......and most of them are in the same poses!, grrrrrr. It always strikes me that if they are so busy posing for photos then they cant really be enjoying themselves that much!. Back in my day NO ONE took a camera out with them to a pub or club unless it was someones birthday!.

These days I just ignore all the photos that are inevitably posted up on a Sunday morning.:mad:

I lol'd. Totally second that!

Yeah I also hate the way people invite me to add random apps, I think the latest one I got was "Fluff friends"...yeah, like I really need this :stupid:

Latest

Trending

Trending