The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
-Sian-
I'm really worried about exams for the first time in my life :redface: :frown:

Same here.

This is going to be first time I've ever revised for exams and I'm pretty sure my head isn't made for remembering things. :frown:
bohogirlie
Are you doing your a2's? Cos i think that would be silly to do that, cos you rely on your grades to get you in to the uni of your choice! :eek:

Yeah, thankfully I only need U, C, C, C for AAAA - and I'm an expert at getting the class geniuses down to the Central Library during study leave, so I can photocopy their notes. :wink:
-Sian-
Anyone else finding that the info isn't sticking in their heads? (+ getting a string of Us in biology exams?!)

yup! not in bio but in history... have had 3 history mocks now and have failed all of em! my poor teacher bless him is still sayin that i'll get at least a c! as if thats gonna happen!
mobb_theprequel
Yeah, thankfully I only need U, C, C, C for AAAA -

What?! How?! :confused:
Reply 24
mobb_theprequel
Yeah, thankfully I only need U, C, C, C for AAAA - and I'm an expert at getting the class geniuses down to the Central Library during study leave, so I can photocopy their notes. :wink:

I'd love to be in the position, really regret not taking AS's and coursework seriously... think I need A,A,B,B for AAAA. Looks like clearing for me.
Reply 25
bohogirlie

By getting stupidly high AS and jan UMS's... in theory you could have A's rapped up before taking your final exams.
Reply 26
I can get B, D, U, U, U, U and get into Durham :smile: Phew!!!
Jump
By getting stupidly high AS and jan UMS's... in theory you could have A's rapped up before taking your final exams.

But you must only just been able to get A's. I have got 264/300 and 59/60 in psychology and i am only just on a C. :biggrin:
Strumpet

You're taking 6 a levels?! :eek:
bohogirlie

My AS levels + A2 coursework is quite good , and I've done 2/3 A2 modules for Economics.
Reply 30
I'm stressing my ass off! Now coursework is out of the way I need, B, C, C, C, C, E, U in my exams to get my grades.
Reply 31
bohogirlie
You're taking 6 a levels?! :eek:

5, and an AS.
red_roadkill
I'm stressing my ass off! Now coursework is out of the way I need, B, C, C, C, C, E, U in my exams to get my grades.

Everyone needs such low grades :eek: *begins to panick even more* :frown:
Reply 33
Strumpet

how do u work that out?

i keep doing it wrong and getting some insane number :confused: :confused:
Strumpet
5, and an AS.

:eek: Wow. Why?! :eek:
Reply 35
Sam_B
how do u work that out?

i keep doing it wrong and getting some insane number :confused: :confused:

Just add up your AS marks, and Jan modules, and take the number of marks you have away from 480 if you need an A, 420 for a B, 360 for a C etc etc.
Reply 36
bohogirlie
But you must only just been able to get A's. I have got 264/300 and 59/60 in psychology and i am only just on a C. :biggrin:

If you get 290ish for AS, then 80+ for jan exams and another 80+ for coursework then you'd only need 30/120 in the final unit. I know a few people in that position, ******s!
Reply 37
bohogirlie
:eek: Wow. Why?! :eek:

Because I'm absolutely mental :smile:
Reply 38
Strumpet
Just add up your AS marks, and Jan modules, and take the number of marks you have away from 480 if you need an A, 420 for a B, 360 for a C etc etc.

:biggrin: :biggrin: danke schon frauline adams!

i will give that a go lol
Jump
I'd love to be in the position, really regret not taking AS's and coursework seriously... think I need A,A,B,B for AAAA. Looks like clearing for me.

To be honest, I got very lucky: I left my revision until really late but did three weeks of solid revision. Fingers crossed you'll get the grades, and I know people who literally need to get 90%+ on everything to make their offers - one of my friends is retaking the entire Maths A Level (AS+A2)!!!

Latest