The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
I applied to both of these unis for PPE this year and have firmed Exeter. UEA was going to be my insurance but I then decided that I would rather go to Southampton if I don't get into Exeter purely on reputation.
Exeter stood out a mile for me, not just because of rankings but I thought the course content was great, the lecturers and students all seemed really enthusiastic when I visited and the uni itself is beautiful.
UEA is good, not ranked as highly as Exeter in the recent times uni guide, but ranking isn't everything. The philosophy dept is good there but I didn't find the course content as interesting - there weren't so many opportunities to choose what you wanted to do. You also have the opportunity to go abroad at Exeter and this didn't seem to be the case at UEA.
Both are great unis, but out of the 5 I applied to (Exeter, Warwick, York, Southampton and UEA) I didn't want to go anywhere other than Exeter because it's a fantastic uni and rated highly in these subjects.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
I applied to Exeter for Philosophy and have firmed it. On the Open Day, the guy I spoke to was so enthusiastic about the course and knew so much about it that it reinforced my fondness of the uni. Also, the course content looks great - better than Southampton, which is my insurance.
Reply 3
As a classicist, I took a philosophy module in my third year since some of the modules overlap across departments. One of the best modules I ever did there :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending