The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 1
I'm doing Interactive Design so not too different. There is a girl who was on my last course who's doing Graphic Design, though.

As for what I'm taking, I'm not really 100% sure what I'm going to need. I think I'm just going to take basics (a few supplies, sketchbooks etc) and then just get what I need as I need it
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey im doing Interactive Design aswell! Sweet finally one other person ive found!!
Reply 3
haha there aren't that many on here! I cant wait to get out of this bloody 9-5 ritual i'm in at the moment.
Reply 4
i know a few graphic designers they enjoy it, but i know two guys both failed it first year and one of them just failed again, don't think its that hrd i think they was just **** lol
Reply 5
I believe that there is alot of work involved if you want to become sucessful... Which obviously i do. I cant wait to start though, utterly hating working full time atm!
I'm going to be in my third year in Sep :smile:

For your first year, I would bring a basic range of materials as you will be doing a range of projects covering a lot of different mediums. You will be able to buy a lot of stuff in Lincoln though when you get there. There are two art shops, Ruddocks & Gadsbys and both do 10% student discount.

Specifically though,

A4 sketchbooks
A3/A2 layout or marker pad
Pencils
Black fineliners
Coloured markers
Paint
A range of different sized brushes
Masking tape
Spray mount
Pritt Stick
Scissors
Scalpel - Swan Norton with the 10a blades will be the best to get.

Oh, you'll probably need a digital camera. But if you don't have one, a lot of people borrow them from the uni anyway.
Reply 7
thats great thanks, I bought 5 A3 sketchbooks, does that matter?

Latest