The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

nirvathema
As long as you based your arguments on what the sources suggest you should be fine. As in you don't have to go into detail analyzing quotes...But source contextualisation/comparison etc is about triple weighted compared to the use of your own knowledge I believe.

yeah use of sources is 75%
we were told it was 80% sources, 20% own knowledge... haha- i totally reversed it.
Reply 22
well for source 1 there was NOTHING we can really write about...well at least for me! I didn't get it so i kept saying that USA+USSR foreign policy clash over berlin.
basically i contextualised the sources but i dunno if THAT counts as part of analysing sources :s oh well i guess we gotta wait n see!
covasugar1
well for source 1 there was NOTHING we can really write about...well at least for me! I didn't get it so i kept saying that USA+USSR foreign policy clash over berlin.
basically i contextualised the sources but i dunno if THAT counts as part of analysing sources :s oh well i guess we gotta wait n see!

why couldn't anyone use sourse 1??
it was the berlin blockade! they had good quotes in there on what it actually was.
Reply 24
In source 1 I mentioned the Berlin Blockade. I thought that I had spotted something important there, until a thread above stated that the date on Source 1 was 14 June, not 24 June when the Blockade begun. So surely talking about the Blockade is not putting it in context if it was before. Or am I wrong? :s-smilie:
cje10
In source 1 I mentioned the Berlin Blockade. I thought that I had spotted something important there, until a thread above stated that the date on Source 1 was 14 June, not 24 June when the Blockade begun. So surely talking about the Blockade is not putting it in context if it was before. Or am I wrong? :s-smilie:

I thought the source was written after the blockade but if it wasn't they were still talking about the implications of a blockade and the problems it could cause. And they were talking about the effects of the blockade and what it did, such as blocking american attempts at spreading anti-communism.
Reply 26
Well, despite my previous comments on how awful this Unit had gone and how badly I thought I had done, I managed to get 108/120 - an A! Shocked shocked shocked lol.
Reply 27
cje10
Well, despite my previous comments on how awful this Unit had gone and how badly I thought I had done, I managed to get 108/120 - an A! Shocked shocked shocked lol.

CONGRATS! i got 120/120 :biggrin:

but somehow i got an E in unit 4:s...and i thot i got full marks in that paper not this one....oh well got solid A in History overall so not complaining:smile:
Reply 28
covasugar1
CONGRATS! i got 120/120 :biggrin:

but somehow i got an E in unit 4:s...and i thot i got full marks in that paper not this one....oh well got solid A in History overall so not complaining:smile:

Well done, top marks is some achievement!! Well I got an E on my Unit 5, which like you, I thought that I had done better in than this one. But a B overall, Im pleased :biggrin: . Well done on the A too!

Latest

Trending

Trending