The Student Room Group

Had a panic attack before my exam, got a question

Hi there, A2 psychology exam was the other day but I had quite a serious panic attack at 4.30 am in the morning. Doctor told me no matter what I wasn't aloud to go into the exam and gave me a sleeping tablet to go to sleep.

My mum went in before the exam and showed an OCR lady the doctors papers and notes and she said it will be sent to OCR. When my mum asked what is likely to happen to my grade she said it's up to OCR (being stubborn)

Anyone have any idea what is likely to happen? Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Found this...

Special consideration is an adjustment to the marks or grades of a candidate who is eligible for
consideration. Parents should be aware that the adjustment is likely to be small and no
feedback from the examination board is ever provided. Students will only be eligible for special
consideration if they have been fully prepared and covered the whole course but performance in
their coursework or examination is affected by adverse circumstances beyond their control.
Examples of such circumstances include illness, accident, injury, bereavement, domestic crisis.
The examinations officer must be fully informed at the earliest opportunity so that the necessary
paperwork may be prepared – within seven days of the last exam session for each subjec
Reply 2
The college has sent off 2 necessary forms as evidence, what will happen now?
Reply 3
I'd of thought you would have received your predicted grade for that exam?

Special consideration is only when you actually sit the exam but there have been things affecting your revision (illness, death of a family member) and you get a small percentage more.

OCR won't be harsh I wouldn't worry, it's obviously not your fault you had a panic attack.
You have to wait and see what OCR say really :holmes:

They probably aim to work on an individual case basis..
Reply 5
I would imagine that you'll be awarded your predicted grade.

Latest

Trending

Trending