The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Really bugs me when people are all "awwwh, hopefully they'll let you get away with it! Mistakes happen!" over crap like this - it's your responsibility to know when your exams are, and unless you had a very valid reason for being so late I really don't think they should have let you sit the exam. It's an AM exam, you sit in when everyone else does, in the morning. You were VERY fortunate that your school let your sit the paper, I guess you're just going to have to hope that the exam board are as sympathetic.
What a pickle!
Reply 62
I've got the peice of paper here that all candidates get given here with their timetable, from the Joint Quali Council, and on lateness, it says -

B4 - If you arrive more than one hour after the published start time for the exam, you will not normally be allowed to take it.

Write a nice letter and keep your fingers crossed. I would consider getting someone higher up (year head, the actual head) to write a supporting letter to say its out of charecter blah blah.
Reply 63
Ali M
Edexcel are *****. i wouldn't get your hopes up.

This. So this.
Reply 64
Sh4w
What do you mean 'don't even give you 0 UMS for C3'? What more could they do than that?

They could deny you any UMS for the that module, therefore you only have 5 modules out of six.
Effectively it's as if you were never entered for that paper. You need to have sat 6 modules to obtain your grade in an A level.
So the worst they could do is deny you an entire A level by denying you that module. However I can't imagine an admissions tutor not taking this into account if you've sent them a letter well in advance and you tell them your modular grades on results day (I don't think they get the modular results)
Reply 65
Just.A.Girl
You say you weren't allowed to take the exam, if this was on medical advice then wouldn't the exam board use predicted grades/mock exam results or make some other allowances in your case?

To the OP, I really feel for you, you're situation is awful. I hope the exam board is lenient and recognises the character reference given by your school. I really hope there is a way this can work out for you, good luck.

Well i had a letter from the doctor stating that i was suffering from the first stages of chickenpox but he said that i was still contagious so the school obviously wouldn't let me in to do the exam lol...I would happily have done it but then again i dosee their point as it is a big risk for the rest of the school :] Thing is, we didn't really do a lot of work for this module! So I have no idea what they are going to do...i still have one exam left to sit for the sunject this coming thursday and I shouldn't be contagious anymore by then so I'll be ok to sit that one I should think...I just hope I get a decent grade for this one I've missed! It doesn't feel right tho as I've not actually taken the examor done any work for it if you get me :] Ahh well, maybe I'll swap to literature for uni, at least I've taken all of those exams!
i got a letter from the school today saying that '...x.. misread his exam time as pm instead of am. He was allowed to take the exam but the exam board will almost certainly not accept it. I trust he will be more careful in the future.'
i'm ******* screwed man, no university for me then. :frown:
Reply 67
Original post by Anonymous
I very stupidly thought my exam was pm instead of am, and was late to the exam- very late. I was allowed to take the exam, and told they'd write a letter to the exam board, but they might not accept it. I really need an A and am pretty sure I actually got 98-100% in the exam :frown:
What's gonna happen now? Is there anything I can do? :redface:
Sorry if it's in the wrong section, I'm using someone's account, and wanted to post anon.

I did exactly the same thing today! Am I screwed? My board is OCR.
Original post by ollie31770

You realise that this is from 3 years ago?
Original post by ollie31770

What did the invigilators say??
How can you be late for an exam? seriously i wake up really early like 5am just to make sure. It seems you're not taking this seriously.
Reply 71
Man. I want to know what happened to the original person in this thread.
We will never know the fate
Of the OP in wait

Because they got banned
After they were damned
After skipping an exam

I dunno why I'm crafting this pointless poem
Sitting in a Boeing (not really)

I'm procrastinating again!

Julie <3

Latest