The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeah u learn one of the topics, i think and case studies for them, im doing question 2
can people please tell me case studies and a few figures/statistics to back them up for 1 or/and 2!
Yeah I've only learnt one of the topics.

:rolleyes: Probably not a great idea... but I can't be bothered to learn more case studies.

I've learnt mine for the question on Government influence on population change and movement, with some census stuff too.

lizfairy
can people please tell me case studies and a few figures/statistics to back them up for 1 or/and 2!

My notes attached. They should theoretically open with word...

The case studies I've used are:

* Code de la Famille (French PRONATAL Policy, 1939)
* India's Compulsory Sterilisation Policy (1976)
* China's One Child Policy (1980, Deng Xiaoping)
* Singapore 'Stop at two' Policy
* Britain's New Towns (launched 1946)
* Afro-Carribean Migration to the UK (Post WWII)
* Brazil's Population PIN (To tackle regional inequalities)

Hope this helps! Sorry very late. :o:
Reply 23
Post edited: forgot about the 12pm thing!

Cheers,
Simon A

P.s. Will discuss tommorow...
are we allowed to discuss it now?
...liked it
Shhh we can't discuss it till 12AM guys! :smile:
We can discuss now :smile:

I actually thought the paper was pretty easy so I'll be very disappointed if I don't score well on it.

None of the Iceland questions were difficult; it was more or less a comprehension and was far easier than any of the past papers I've looked at.

I did the question on 'Government polices affecting distribution', OWTTE, and I talked about Brazil's population PIN, New Towns in UK, Afro-Caribbean Migration to Birmingham and London and London Docklands Regeneration and Gentrification. Also mentioned a bit of Myrdal.

Not sure if I did as well on the essay as I had revised more about governments affecting the birth rate etc.

But ah well!

NO MORE GEOGRAPHY! :woo:
there is another thread with the same stuff : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=946749
Reply 29
geography is over!! well...til uni haha.
but yay! i liked it being iceland! did the hazards question, wrote a load of balls but oh well!
Reply 30
A nice paper indeed...

The Section A question on Iceland wasn't too tasking...As has been said above, it was simply a comprehension - something you do in Year 10.

For Section B, I did the 5th question on government influence over population distribution. I used case studies such as Indonesian Transmigration, the Oxford Green Belt, the movement of the Brazilian capital from Rio to Brasilia in 1952, the new towns of Cumbernauld and Milton Keynes and the Turks to Germany case study.
emmmily
geography is over!! well...til uni haha.
but yay! i liked it being iceland! did the hazards question, wrote a load of balls but oh well!

What shiz did you discuss??

Latest

Trending

Trending