The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So it was going 30,000mph, then bounced off his hand...? And then to top it off, it still made a 1 wide crater?

Riiiiiiiight.
Reply 2
Somewhere in the wastes of space, there's an alien cursing that he missed Gerrit's stupid face.
Because something travelling at 30,000mph isn't going to instantly channel so much energy into your hand/arm that it just breaks, is it...
Reply 4
MSB
Somewhere in the wastes of space, there's an alien cursing that he missed Gerrit's stupid face.

:rofl:
Cool sto-

:awesome:.
MSB

:yep:
I'm sure it just deflected off him rather than hit him square on, remember it was only pea sized which is pretty small so I don't think this is a wind up
Reply 8
Uh huh...
Reply 9
That article is HORRIBLY written. And why in the name of Jesus are there no pictures of this rock, the injury to the kid's hand, or the hole in the ground? This story reeks of BS.
Reply 10
Mr. Orange
I'm sure it just deflected off him rather than hit him square on, remember it was only pea sized which is pretty small so I don't think this is a wind up
Big and fast enough to leave a foot wide crater in the ground though... and of course, if that had happened and I was writing an article about it, I would never include a picture of either the boy's scarred hand and/or the crater... :rolleyes:
How come it didn't make a foot wide crater in his hand?
Reply 12
I just got hit my imaginary friend at 40,000mph wheres my article in the news!
Reply 13
People will believe anything. 30,000mph is near enough 40 times the speed of sound. I don't care if it's a deflection, that would do more than a gash in his skin.
Reply 14
MSB

LOL :laugh:
Reply 16
How can it bounce off his hand then make a crater?
Reply 17
well aparently if u threw a one pence piece from the top of a football stadium it can kill someone. which isnt going 30 000 mph and hasnt travelled 1000s of miles. so how the hell does this work? surely if it was powerufl enough to form a 1m crater he wouldnt just have a little scare.
EskimoJo
Big and fast enough to leave a foot wide crater in the ground though... and of course, if that had happened and I was writing an article about it, I would never include a picture of either the boy's scarred hand and/or the crater... :rolleyes:

The fact that it left a scar that was way longer than a pea across his forehead implies it had minimal contact on the boy, he's very lucky though

I mean hand, not forehead :tongue:alm:
Reply 19
I'd expect that to go right through his hand lol. It bounced off... I'm sure he's just Superman so it's fine

Latest