The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Neo Con
There are so many holes in your knowledge I don't know where to begin.

Firstly, if you read the stats I posted I mentioned that ASIANS who live in POVERTY do not commit as much crime as BLACKS, in fact they commit even less crime than whites in proportion to their population.

Secondly, please read up on the American Judicial system. The jury is composed of whites, blacks, latinos and every mix you can think off. There is dna testing, witnessnes, mitigating circumstances are considered, ballistic tests e.t.c It is as fair as can be.

Their crime must be more horrific even if it's the same crime as you say, with no proof.

Okay okay lol I'm obviously wrong. Your stats count and mine don't. There is no relationship between race and sentencing in the US, because it's the fairest least-racist country in the whole wide world.

CONGRATULATIONS

edit: obviously there's also something wrong with black people which makes them inherently more prone to crime, which is to do with their race, and not their circumstances. You're entirely right about that too.
Neo Con
Yes but in the past all of mankind was pretty ruthless. This is the present we are talking about. And the white population has gone some way in correcting their wrongs with the native population. They have been given alot of right to land and as much rights as any other citizen.

True, but the Black/Latin/Asian population growing in the US are only pushing the Whites into the minority by reproducing or immigration, i.e in a peacful, non-violent way, so I dont see the problem.

Anyway isnt the Far East predicted to become the most powerful in the future, and overtake the US's economy, wealth, political power etc.? Every nation or empire has its rise, and then fall, just look at history.
Reply 42
eulerwaswrong
does this really matter in the great scheme of things? All its saying is that america isnt going to be a majority of one race/minority of another at one point in time. Whats the big deal. The social implications of this using racial stereotypes are another thing altogether and not one that can be accurately predicted - more just guesses.

But the thing about america is that it is very difficult for "social climbing" - in britain it is much more economically viable for a student with no household income to go to university than an average student.Not that i agree with this system - but it allows social climbing - everybody has the oppourtunity to go to university - everybody does. Yet in america it is much more expensive. The rich stay rich and the poor stay poor. So poor immigrants are (as a general rule of thumb - and by this im saying not all) - are going to remain poor, rich white families are going to stay rich white families. So as the white population declines, "ethnic" minorities increase is it going to leave completely segregated rich white families and the rest of society or is it going to open up and there be big social change?

As someones said above - at the end of the day it is only skin colour, and if we use the assumption and assume every person is equal - what difference does it make the colour of the populations skin - it matters just as much as the average eye/hair colour or average middle finger length. Whoopdido.

Good post but the fear is suppression of the white population and also decline of the country as a whole. Crime will increase, corruption maybe, laws will just be namesake. Well heres hoping it doesn't happen.
Neo Con
Obviously you cant be bothered to read it because you have been proven wrong, just jumping into a debate with yeah america has alot of gun crime-blame the whites e.t.c, unable to back up your assertions.

Like I said, go check the FBI site or US defense department, these are not made up stats.

Go back to watching Hollowood movies.

I didn't blame the whites, I blamed America as a whole.

The reason I didn't read through them all is it doesn't take socio-economic factors into account. E.g. on a poor housing estate there are 50% blacks and 50% whites. Is a black person still more likely to commit crime than the white people living under the same conditions? Maybe, but your figures don't show that.
Reply 44
Neo Con
Yes but the conseuqences will be America will go down the toilet.

It's already in the sewer.

:awesome:
Reply 45
BeanofJelly
Okay okay lol I'm obviously wrong. Your stats count and mine don't. There is no relationship between race and sentencing in the US, because it's the fairest least-racist country in the whole wide world.

CONGRATULATIONS

edit: obviously there's also something wrong with black people which makes them inherently more prone to crime, which is to do with their race, and not their circumstances. You're entirely right about that too.

You have reached enlightenment in your state of sarcasm. Yes higher testosterone, higher incidence of mental illness and their culture of looking for the easy way contributes to their propensity of crime. This is an established fact. Read around on other forums.
Neo Con
The White population made America what it is that is why:from military advances, to sciences, to education, to healthcare, america is built by the european population.

The recent immigrants have contributed by having higher birth rates because white people dont' have a gazillion kids.

No, those advances were made by people in a WHITE COUNTRY. The 'race' as a whole cannot take credit for them, the individuals can. And if you think that rich hispanic or black people can't do the same, well that's pretty stupid.
Neo Con
You have reached enlightenment in your state of sarcasm. Yes higher testosterone, higher incidence of mental illness and their culture of looking for the easy way contributes to their propensity of crime. This is an established fact. Read around on other forums.

*beep beep beep beep beep*

we have a racist

congratulations on coming out of the closet
now everyone can appreciate what you are
Reply 48
callum9999
I didn't blame the whites, I blamed America as a whole.

The reason I didn't read through them all is it doesn't take socio-economic factors into account. E.g. on a poor housing estate there are 50% blacks and 50% whites. Is a black person still more likely to commit crime than the white people living under the same conditions? Maybe, but your figures don't show that.

I can' find the stats right now, but ironically poor east asians (vietnamese, korean e.t.c) commit less crime than even whites in proportion to their population. I wish I could find these stats, I think I did post them once on here, yes a white person in the same area under the same conditions will still commit less crime.
Neo Con
Good post but the fear is suppression of the white population and also decline of the country as a whole. Crime will increase, corruption maybe, laws will just be namesake. Well heres hoping it doesn't happen.

your making big assumptions using racial stereotypes there arent you. With a changing racial demographic you may end up with a changing social landscape - where current social stereotypes seem silly.

For example you are making the assumption (rightly or wrongly) that blacks/ethnic minorities account for more crime than the white population - but the most powerful man in the country is part of this same group - are we trying to say mr obama commits crimes and is corrupt? Using ill placed social sterotypes to define a whole group of people is wrong - and leads to comments like your above - which i dont think are fair
Reply 50
BeanofJelly
*beep beep beep beep beep*

we have a racist

congratulations on coming out of the closet
now everyone can appreciate what you are

This is not racism. I never said I hate blacks, now that would be racism. I am providing a plausible explantion as to why blacks are most likely to commit crime and several people in the states from judges, to lawyers to politicans have said this. Unless you think they are all racist :rolleyes: You probably do!

Unless I accept that black people are "poor lost souls" in the states thats why they are 7 times more likely to savagely murder whites unprovoked, I am deemed a racist.

Well done :biggrin:
Neo Con
I can' find the stats right now, but ironically poor east asians (vietnamese, korean e.t.c) commit less crime than even whites in proportion to their population. I wish I could find these stats, I think I did post them once on here, yes a white person in the same area under the same conditions will still commit less crime.

Regardless, I still don't like unnecessary stereotyping. If it was found people who have a name beginning with "A" are twice as likely to commit crimes than people with a name beginning with "B", would you then praise all the first group of people for being a civilised group and demonise anyone with a "B" name?

It sounds silly when you say it like that doesn't it, but that is using the same principles you use when you refer to Hispanics or Blacks etc.
Reply 52
eulerwaswrong
your making big assumptions using racial stereotypes there arent you. With a changing racial demographic you may end up with a changing social landscape - where current social stereotypes seem silly.

For example you are making the assumption (rightly or wrongly) that blacks/ethnic minorities account for more crime than the white population - but the most powerful man in the country is part of this same group - are we trying to say mr obama commits crimes and is corrupt? Using ill placed social sterotypes to define a whole group of people is wrong - and leads to comments like your above - which i dont think are fair

Yes but Obama is an exception. I am sure there a millions of black people who do not. But looking at the stats, most the problems in the US are due to minority crime. Obama on his own cannot account for the whole minority population. Stats paint a very disturbing picture.
America has no race. It's a blending pot anyway. So whats the problem?
Reply 54
callum9999
Regardless, I still don't like unnecessary stereotyping. If it was found people who have a name beginning with "A" are twice as likely to commit crimes than people with a name beginning with "B", would you then praise all the first group of people for being a civilised group and demonise anyone with a "B" name?

It sounds silly when you say it like that doesn't it, but that is using the same principles you use when you refer to Hispanics or Blacks etc.

Yes but people are investigating why this is the case, it is important to reduce crime. It is the job of the police and other institutions to crack down on this. Until we know why (loads of conflicing reasons given) I suspect the electric chair and needle will be very busy.
Reply 55
who cares about the US
Neo Con
Yes but people are investigating why this is the case, it is important to reduce crime. It is the job of the police and other institutions to crack down on this. Until we know why (loads of conflicing reasons given) I suspect the electric chair and needle will be very busy.

Another reason to love the American justice system...
Everyone on this thread is saying "who cares", but it does cause a problem for America. I'm not so concerned about the descreasing proportion of whites - but the increasing population of elderly people will probably have a strong economic effect on the country. If most of the country is retired and living on pensions, there'll be some tax strains on the working population, who will be fewer in number.

I think it would be worth America's while to accept more foreign immigrants of working age than they are already doing.
Neo Con
Yes but Obama is an exception. I am sure there a millions of black people who do not. But looking at the stats, most the problems in the US are due to minority crime. Obama on his own cannot account for the whole minority population. Stats paint a very disturbing picture.

you i assume live there from the flag so have an idea what its like, im just speaking from stuff i read/hear from the media. But you are still using the assumption that the "majority" of ethnic minorities comit crime where it is more like a small minority of ethnic minorities commit crimes.
Neo Con
This is not racism.

Thinking any race is inherently superior to any other race is racist dear.

You're deciding things about people based upon the colour of their skin, not based upon their circumstances, merits, and with little regard to socioeconomic factors.

You are racist. I presume you see black people around you who are equally educated and "civilised" as you are and think secretly to yourself that they are more prone to violence and have a lazy attitude because they're a darker shade?
I presume that if you were on a jury trialling a black man, this idea that you have that he's more likely to have committed a crime because he is black will affect the verdict you come to yes?
And yet you deny that racism exists in the US judicial system.

Latest

Trending

Trending