The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
rsurtees1
How did people find it then? Essays were pretty nice, but i'd agree data was massively rushed. Anyone do the first data question about the current account deficit etc, and finished with the fiscal stimulus one?

Also for the essay on old age affecting public spending and competitiveness; presume people said higher spending on health and pensions and less tax revenue so budget worsens. Likewise elderly people less productive so UK less competitive?? Then evaluation of course....

Likewise for immigration one, did you structure it around the 4 economic objectives?? So how it affects inflation, unemployment, growth and balance of payments??

Im starting to worry about it, so what people put would be reassuring!!

Please don't worry!!! It is so easy to doubt yourself on this paper, i am now, especially the data, but there is not set mark scheme on the essay, you get credit on the quality of your ideas and how you articulate yourself, so try not to freak. espec as the essays were def not that hideous. data response was a little bit ugly though, especially the last fiscal stimulus one. for those who watch the inbetweeners, i had a total "is that a word?? it doesnt look like one?" moment on "fiscal" and "stimulus" ahrrggg
lkatz24
Please don't worry!!! It is so easy to doubt yourself on this paper, i am now, especially the data, but there is not set mark scheme on the essay, you get credit on the quality of your ideas and how you articulate yourself, so try not to freak. espec as the essays were def not that hideous. data response was a little bit ugly though, especially the last fiscal stimulus one. for those who watch the inbetweeners, i had a total "is that a word?? it doesnt look like one?" moment on "fiscal" and "stimulus" ahrrggg

'Fiscal Stimulus' is just a fancy way of saying 'Fiscal Policy'

I thought the paper was alright, did better than last year hopefully

Did anyone do the Q.1](a)? Effect of fall in house prices, I put the effects as:
* Neg. wealth effect, and its affect on AD, real GDP
* Allows many (first time) buyers to get on the property ladder
* (Third effect I was unsure of, I said...) people's mortgages worth more than their homes, neg. impact for banks who would have lower valued homes as assets. Didn't explain this as well as I hoped (due to time)

Was there any other concrete effects that could've been used?

Latest