The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm not sure if I'm 100% correct, but if the Electoral College is deadlocked then the Senate will appoint the Vice President it and both the Senate and House will need to confirm it with a 2/3's majority.

The money bills might be ones that concern tax etc and the budget will concern the spending of the country.. I think lol.
Reply 2
I am also not 100% sure, but I am fairly sure it is House of Reps which decides the President if there's ever a dead lock or an issue. And the Senate does the Vice President.
Reply 3
djpailo
I am aware that if ECV is deadlocked that the senate votes for a new Vice President.

However, in my notes, I have written that both houses confirm a newly appointed vice president. Can someone expand on this, when it happens, maybe with an example. Or is this wrong? Thanks.

Also, could someone explain the different between the iniation money bills of the Reps House and the budget drawn up by the Preisdent. Thanks.

Yes you are right. If there is a tie like in 1800 and 1824 the VP is elected by the senate and president by the house.

Also the 25th amendment came about after Kennedy's assassination and this states that if the post of VP is vacant the president appoints a new one which is confirmed by both houses. e.g. Nixon appointed Ford after Agnew resigned, then Ford appointed Rockefeller!

Latest

Trending

Trending