The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Scroll to see replies

new_guy_@_keele
Just thought I'd say hey! I'm going to Keele in a few days (two! OMG, panic!) and I'll be taking up space in Holly Cross! Anyone else going to be in the vicinity? Or indeed know much about it?

Hi errm, new_guy_@_keele, I'm in Holly Cross too! What are you studying?
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Philosophy and Politics...what about your good self?
Oooo! Interesting! I'm doing English and Media, Communication & Culture - lol nervous/scared/excited about Saturday?
oooh, more holly cross people on this forum- there's too many lindsay folk!!!

Question, is the first digit of our room number an indication towards the floor we'll be situated??? Oh, gosh i can't wait- i didn't realise that i'd have a heck of a hard time packing though! :redface:
How many floors are there to Holly Cross anyway?

I know!! I think I've overpacked! Oh well, a girl needs her stuff!
So does a boy :tongue:.

The floors as I saw them are a bit weird. There are a few rooms BELOW ground level that begin with 1**. And then 2** is entrance, ground level, and so on...
Oh and freaking out about Saturday tbh. I've got this image of myself in a corner at the disco...texting the friends I've just left behind/left me last week...I may switch to MCC it looked really fun, and I've never studied either of my subjects before...plus wanting to be a journo and all...lol
What!! So my room is entrance level!? Weird!

Lol, yeah I had my reservations about MCC - wasn't too sure about it but my cousin convinced me to stick with it and see.

Oh, I'm sure all the people are really friendly! But yeah, I'm probably gona have my phone with me just in case I'm the ultimate loner on Satuday lol!
Yeah, it's weird...cause I must actually be downstairs...hope there's a window!

And everyone may well be friendly, but will we all be really shy and reserved as well? :-S
Hmm...QuestionS-, how much are the en-suite rooms? And are they all inclusive? Oh, and will I be able to live if I have an en suite room- because it doesnt look as though Ill have much money if they're that expensive.

Any help would be appreciated, cause Im very confused right now
TenaciousJ
Hmm...QuestionS-, how much are the en-suite rooms? And are they all inclusive? Oh, and will I be able to live if I have an en suite room- because it doesnt look as though Ill have much money if they're that expensive.

Any help would be appreciated, cause Im very confused right now

Ensuite rooms are priced around £85 per week. Which totals to about £2828 pounds...well, that's what im paying for an en-suite room in holly cross for 33 weeks. :smile:

You initially pay a security deposit of about £150, and i'm not sure if this applies to everyone, but I pay my accomodation fees in 3 equal installments- except a pound more for the last one.

...any more questions, don't be afraid to ask :smile:
If you want an en-suite then College Court is only £72.50 a week, but the tenancy is for longer so you still have to pay at least as much as you would on campus. (However, it does mean you only have to clear your room out once a year instead of two or three times!) The accommodation is far nicer (it's only a couple of years old) and you're only a 10-minute walk away from Hanley. If you want to know more about College Court then just ask me.

Latest