The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
rach.x
Ah that's ok then :smile: I still missed some bits out but it should be ok

For A I put Obtaining Services Dishonestly because he intended not to pay in part

S.11 is defined as ''dishonestly obtains a sevice without paying as expected or required where payment is required" [or something like that].

S.2 is intent to avoid payment either in part or in full...so i thought that section applied better...but i think you could of tried both of them and yu'd get the marks for looking at s.11 or s.2 FA 2006.
Reply 81
Pezza18
Yeh, i put duress by threats would be very unlikely to be successful :biggrin:

Some people put s.11 and s.2 for the fraud part...but i didn't have time to explain both so i just wen for s.2 as he had intent to avoid payment in part.

lol i dont get how anyone could have time for this. weirdos :yep:

better get off tsr and get revising or unit 6 now i reckon. havent even opened my textbook for it yet
Reply 82
Pezza18
S.11 is defined as ''dishonestly obtains a sevice without paying as expected or required where payment is required" [or something like that].

S.2 is intent to avoid payment either in part or in full...so i thought that section applied better...but i think you could of tried both of them and yu'd get the marks for looking at s.11 or s.2 FA 2006.

I've been taught that the elements of the actus reus of Obtaining Services Dishonestly are 'obtains services which require payment' and 'fails to pay in whole or part' :s-smilie:
but yeah, I think either would work :smile:
Reply 83
That was awful... completely missed out S.2 FA False Representation and went for S.11 obtaining services dishonestly instead
I had no idea what the actus reus or mens rea were for it, so I just rambled on for ages :frown:

Not good. :frown:
Reply 84
Any Question One-ers out there?

For A) I got theft, abuse of position, and fraud by false rep
B) Criminal damage (basic offence), burglary s9.1.b, intox and self defence
C) I did theft

it went better then I thought it would :smile:
Reply 85
rach.x
I've been taught that the elements of the actus reus of Obtaining Services Dishonestly are 'obtains services which require payment' and 'fails to pay in whole or part' :s-smilie:
but yeah, I think either would work :smile:

LOL. I've been taught it the opposite way around :p:

Oh well...i'm sure they'll be marks for either.
Reply 86
chigz32

C) I did theft

same, although I didn't mention abuse of position, just did theft and fraud by false rep in loads of detail for a)
Reply 87
chigz32

C) I did theft

Yep finally found someone who done q1). Wrote the same as you for part a) but also included failure to disclose as he didn't tell claire he used her money to gamble. Missed out burglary though seeing as how i couldn't find any element of it as he went into a shop so not being a trespasser and as far as i read he didn't go anywhere he wasn't supposed to go. But don't know might have missed something. Also did theft aswell.

Suprisingly it went well considering i hardly knew criminal damage and fraud when i left my house this morning. Also unit 4 went well aswell 1st time actually finished the paper.
Did anyone do tort? Qu 4??
Reply 89
ElleWest123

Not that i know of. :p:
Reply 90
thewait
Yep finally found someone who done q1). Wrote the same as you for part a) but also included failure to disclose as he didn't tell claire he used her money to gamble. Missed out burglary though seeing as how i couldn't find any element of it as he went into a shop so not being a trespasser and as far as i read he didn't go anywhere he wasn't supposed to go. But don't know might have missed something. Also did theft aswell.

Suprisingly it went well considering i hardly knew criminal damage and fraud when i left my house this morning. Also unit 4 went well aswell 1st time actually finished the paper.

Score! I thought about failure to disclose info, but because of theft, I just didnt have time!
Reply 91
ElleWest123

Yes I did. :smile:
90kz11
Yes I did. :smile:

Did u put part a as private nuisance? I didn't know whether cos they were neighbours (plural) whether they would be classed as a 'class' of people and so public nuisance.
Reply 93
ElleWest123
Did u put part a as private nuisance? I didn't know whether cos they were neighbours (plural) whether they would be classed as a 'class' of people and so public nuisance.

Well we were always told to mention all the criteria for Private Nuisance, and then I said it would be public nuisance, as it affected neighbours plural, but it would depend how the court saw this, ie whether it was a reasonable class.
And then I mentioned Rylands v Fletcher!

I didn't have time to finish 4b though! It was rushed!
90kz11
Well we were always told to mention all the criteria for Private Nuisance, and then I said it would be public nuisance, as it affected neighbours plural, but it would depend how the court saw this, ie whether it was a reasonable class.
And then I mentioned Rylands v Fletcher!

I didn't have time to finish 4b though! It was rushed!

Good good, that's what I did, I wrote at the end, that they may be classed as a 'class' of people sohopefully that'll be good.

I know 4b there was so much going on, should there have been a contirbutory negligence? I forgot all defences :s

Latest