The Student Room Group
Reply 60
im not religious im a scientist so i ll pass on this one
Reply 61
Just a quick question. Is it true that if you are not a Muslim you are not allowed to enter Mecca?
Reply 62
No it is not right, the only time a non-muslim can't enter mecca is when it is hajj, becuase of the strict ruling in the quran, but apart from that they are free to go whenever they want :cool:
Reply 63
awesome
im not religious im a scientist so i ll pass on this one

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Wouldn't this thread be more sensible if its existence was in "Religion" forum :rolleyes: (wonder why don't people make the RIGHT use of facilities provided :rolleyes:
Reply 65
Can i join, im an american muslim....

Wish i good be a better one too...

Salam...
Reply 66
j4mes_bond25
Wouldn't this thread be more sensible if its existence was in "Religion" forum :rolleyes: (wonder why don't people make the RIGHT use of facilities provided :rolleyes:

Hmmmmmmmm, wounder, did u post smthn like this in all the other Religion threads?!

*(^&#@*&)^&*^387
KOH
Hmmmmmmmm, wounder, did u post smthn like this in all the other Religion threads?!

*(^&#@*&)^&*^387

Not yet, but thanks for giving me an idea of doing so :rolleyes: especially in those whose existence can be seen in "General Chat" forum rather than "Religion" forum :rolleyes:
Reply 68
count me in plz
Reply 69
zid121
No it is not right, the only time a non-muslim can't enter mecca is when it is hajj, becuase of the strict ruling in the quran, but apart from that they are free to go whenever they want :cool:

Ok thanks.
What happens though if a non-Muslim does enter Mecca when it is Hajj, and how can they tell if someone is a non-Muslim?
Sorry...I've always been a bit curious on this one.
Reply 70
They can tell your non-muslim by identification, i.e identity card, visa's etc. The saudi governemnt just won't allow non-muslims in at hajj time, if there are non-muslim (illegal immigrants, crossing borders etc) , they will be isolated until the hajj period is over. the only non-muslims who can get in are tv stations, media, news crew etc, but they get permission from the saudi goverment.

hope it helped answer your question

zahid
Reply 71
anisah
Hey all,

Does anyone have any cool islamic art, by which i mean pictures etc, especially of words from the quran?

[http://www.ummah.com/ifsa/images/section1/allah.jpg].

There is this site, madyan.com, where you can get some really beautiful wallpapers, some are with caligraphy and others with mosques and others depicting nature. Really recommend checking this site out!!

This is one of my favourites!

http://www.muslimer.org/islambilder/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=
Actually from what I heard, Non-muslims are not alllowed to enter Mecca and Madinah in any circumstance and that includes tv crews and such. Also since there is no airport or train station in Mecca...only form of transport is by car and they're checkpoints at the borders of Mecca that check the identification cards of visitors.
I'm almost postive about this as I lived in KSA up till last year but moved after taking my IGCSEs.
Reply 73
j4mes_bond25

it started off as a normal petition chat who wants to join the community, then it trangressed more into the religion aspect..., so its both.

Oh and about non-muslims entering mecca, i think it is true that non-muslims arent allowed fully, not sure why but thats what their goverment have decided. But everyones welcome in mosques etc etc and other holy places, other than mecca.
Reply 74
fisfos815
Actually from what I heard, Non-muslims are not alllowed to enter Mecca and Madinah in any circumstance and that includes tv crews and such. Also since there is no airport or train station in Mecca...only form of transport is by car and they're checkpoints at the borders of Mecca that check the identification cards of visitors.
I'm almost postive about this as I lived in KSA up till last year but moved after taking my IGCSEs.

I dont think so, because in the time of Prophet Mohammed (MPBUM), Non-Musilms formed a large proportion of the ppl, what i think u mean, is that non-muslims are not allowed into the haram of the ka'abaa.....
Reply 75
abbasi
There is this site, madyan.com, where you can get some really beautiful wallpapers, some are with caligraphy and others with mosques and others depicting nature. Really recommend checking this site out!!

This is one of my favourites!

http://www.muslimer.org/islambilder/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=

Excellent site-so much to choose frm :smile:
Reply 76
Allah-o-Akber Allah is the Greatest

count me in dudes!!
Reply 77
Musafir_85
Allah-o-Akber Allah is the Greatest

count me in dudes!!

me too!
Reply 78