The Student Room Group

Codes in maths - help please

I think I'm going mad. I'm sure I recall seeing something in the NC/NNS/both that specifically
mentions codes (in connect with algebra, I assume). It's certainly in many of my text books. But
when asked to defend my lesson today (in which I taught the kids '1337 5p34k') I can't find this
section! Can anyone point me to it?

(BTW, don't worry. It wasn't anyone official that challenged me, but IRC friends......)

--
Joyce (Buffy's mom): When did you die? You never told me you died. Buffy: It was just for a
few minutes.
Reply 1
"Jocelyn Lavin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> I think I'm going mad. I'm sure I recall seeing something in the NC/NNS/both that specifically[/q1]
[q1]> mentions codes (in connect with algebra, I assume). It's certainly in many of my text books. But[/q1]
[q1]> when asked to defend my lesson today (in which I taught the kids '1337 5p34k') I can't find[/q1]
this
[q1]> section! Can anyone point me to it?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> (BTW, don't worry. It wasn't anyone official that challenged me, but IRC friends......)[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> --[/q1]
[q1]> Joyce (Buffy's mom): When did you die? You never told me you died. Buffy: It was just for a few[/q1]
[q1]> minutes.[/q1]

Ooh, it's someone else from umta! I didn't realise til I saw the sig....

Toast.
Reply 2
In article <[email protected]>, "Head Of Toast"
<[email protected]> wrote:

[q2]>> I think I'm going mad. I'm sure I recall seeing something in the NC/NNS/both that specifically[/q2]
[q2]>> mentions codes (in connect with algebra, I assume). It's certainly in many of my text books. But[/q2]
[q2]>> when asked to defend my lesson today (in which I taught the kids '1337 5p34k') I can't find[/q2]
[q1]>this[/q1]
[q2]>> section! Can anyone point me to it?[/q2]
[q2]>>[/q2]
[q2]>> (BTW, don't worry. It wasn't anyone official that challenged me, but IRC friends......)[/q2]
[q2]>>[/q2]
[q2]>>[/q2]
[q2]>>[/q2]
[q2]>> --[/q2]
[q2]>> Joyce (Buffy's mom): When did you die? You never told me you died. Buffy: It was just for a few[/q2]
[q2]>> minutes.[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Ooh, it's someone else from umta! I didn't realise til I saw the sig....[/q1]

Yeah!

Now, can you answer my question? :-)

--
Gunn: You call, I come. Loaded for bear, ready for battle, something else that starts with B.
Wesley: What is that? (Gunn holds up an axe which looks like its blade might at one time have been a
hubcap.) Gunn: Oh, isn't this the thing? Some of the kids at my camp put it together for me. Thought
I might get the chance to stick it in something tonight. Cordy: Men are all alike.
Reply 3
"Jocelyn Lavin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> In article <[email protected]>, "Head Of Toast"[/q1]
[q1]> <[email protected]> wrote:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> >> I think I'm going mad. I'm sure I recall seeing something in the NC/NNS/both that specifically[/q2]
[q2]> >> mentions codes (in connect with algebra,[/q2]
I
[q2]> >> assume). It's certainly in many of my text books. But when asked to[/q2]
defend
[q2]> >> my lesson today (in which I taught the kids '1337 5p34k') I can't find[/q2]
[q2]> >this[/q2]
[q2]> >> section! Can anyone point me to it?[/q2]
[q2]> >>[/q2]
[q2]> >> (BTW, don't worry. It wasn't anyone official that challenged me, but[/q2]
IRC
[q2]> >> friends......)[/q2]
[q2]> >>[/q2]
[q2]> >>[/q2]
[q2]> >>[/q2]
[q2]> >> --[/q2]
[q2]> >> Joyce (Buffy's mom): When did you die? You never told me you died. Buffy: It was just for a few[/q2]
[q2]> >> minutes.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >Ooh, it's someone else from umta! I didn't realise til I saw the sig....[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Yeah![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Now, can you answer my question? :-)[/q1]

Ah, I wish I could!!

Toast.

Latest