The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Practice. Which is often the secret to success in most things. Not really a secret though, is it?
Reply 2
Past papers, revision , practice, hard work.
Reply 3
Do every single past paper and understand the answers, preferably close to the exam.

It will be likely that most of the questions you did will come up in a similar form. if you remember how to do them, you're away.

Oh, and don't make stupid mistakes. Double, triple, quadruple check your answers at the end and when you're working through them.
Reply 4
Same as the secret to success in any of the other maths modules.

you do ask some silly questions -.-
Practice, practice and practice.
Do lots of past papers.
Target your weak areas.
I just re-sat C4 2 weeks ago and for this 2nd time, I did just that and I really saw the difference.
Reply 6
Work damn hard. :biggrin:
Sorry to rub it in but I am sooooo glad I did this 2 weeks ago. Thank God I'm not in your situation now. MEI I love you....not that much though because I still had to do it =/
Reply 8
Be really careful with things like minus signs
As others have said it's just loads of practice.
Reply 10
Practice. Practice makes perfect.
Reply 11
understanding every single topic completely

through practice :p:
Don't get any questions wrong.
Looking over your work a zillion times- the tiniest sign change can make the biggest difference. And there are plenty of sign changes.
Student070707
Sorry to rub it in but I am sooooo glad I did this 2 weeks ago. Thank God I'm not in your situation now. MEI I love you....not that much though because I still had to do it =/

:yep:

Make sure you've done all available past papers.
Reply 15
All past papers, make sure you know vectors because you get some nasty ones sometimes... (and I'm not very good at vectors anyway).
Reply 16
it comes down to good sleep, good breakfast and taking that slow deep breath right after you read the 8 marker :smile:
I didnt mind vectors...its learning all of the damned trig identities that is the problem...And yes yes you probably should learn how to derive them you might say but when it comes down to it I didn't and the same with most people I would imagine. Learn them =)
I'm asking myself the same question....
I don't think practice is the key to success in C4, yeah it helps but its better to understand and be able to derive the what you know.

Latest