The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL and UK scholarships for international students

Dear all,

I am an international student and I have financial cirsis since I have to pay 16,080 Pounds.

I would like to know UCL scholarships can be achieved by which type of students?

I m not super outstanding but I have some awards like Bronze award for my project in my final year of Polytechnics in Singapore and being in the Director Honor list in my first year of Poly.

In UCL, I am thinking of applying Global excellence award but I found out that it needs nominees.

I don't know who I have to ask to nominate me. Is it for 2nd and 3rd yr students?

Moreover, I have applied Deny Holland scholarhship. Does aisans get scholarship of Deny Holland ?

Is there any other scholarships given to International students?

Good day to u ... pls reply me if u know..

I am in hope of scholarship since I wont attend to UCL if I dun get scholarship.
Reply 1
thetmon4
Dear all,

I am an international student and I have financial cirsis since I have to pay 16,080 Pounds.

I would like to know UCL scholarships can be achieved by which type of students?

I m not super outstanding but I have some awards like Bronze award for my project in my final year of Polytechnics in Singapore and being in the Director Honor list in my first year of Poly.

In UCL, I am thinking of applying Global excellence award but I found out that it needs nominees.

I don't know who I have to ask to nominate me. Is it for 2nd and 3rd yr students?

Moreover, I have applied Deny Holland scholarhship. Does aisans get scholarship of Deny Holland ?

Is there any other scholarships given to International students?

Good day to u ... pls reply me if u know..

I am in hope of scholarship since I wont attend to UCL if I dun get scholarship.

jst call the university n tell them abt ur achievements n tell them that u deserve this scholarship..btw, hve u already secured a place wid ucl?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Ms_Flames
jst call the university n tell them abt ur achievements n tell them that u deserve this scholarship..btw, hve u already secured a place wid ucl?

yes i m ....

ah.... how can i tell that i deserve that ? it is very hard to express...
Reply 3
thetmon4
yes i m ....

ah.... how can i tell that i deserve that ? it is very hard to express...

Well, even m gonna be applying for a scholarship next year and i havent won any sort of awards like. M completely relying on my a level and the essay for the scholarship and will try to show them what i am going to do with my degree and how important is it for me plus proof of financial state and stuff. Just, show ur passion for the course and university and tell them why were u awarded the previous awards n tell them that u r capable of scoring excellent marks and stuff like that. Well, i dont know much about this scholarship applications but i think you should do that. Try talkin to other people with the scholarships..maybe they could give you a better idea of this sorta stuff?
Reply 4
If you guys wanted good scholarships, you should have really applied to LSE or Oxbridge. Most funding at UCL is only available for home students, but being an EU student I'm not really familiar with all the possibilities for support if you're on international fees, so have a look here for something that might be available to you: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/current-students/money
mainly under the scholarship section
this is a list with the main ones: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/scholarships/scholarships/undergraduate/
Those links cover most of it- there is also an Alumni Scholarship of up to 1,000 GBP awarded on both academic merit and financial need. It's for all current undergraduates regardless of fee status and it's competitive- I think about 1 in 10 applicants gets an award. You apply in the winter of the academic year and you are notified in March of that year.

Unfortunately, if it has been determined that you are liable for overseas fees, the view of the university is that you should be paying what approximates to an actual unsubsidized cost of the degree. There is some unfairness involved, in that prior UK taxpayers who, or whose children, may not have lived in the UK for 3 years immediately before starting their degrees also get hit with a large fee. However, unis in the UK are struggling financially, with the qualified exception of those with large endowments and those with larger subsidies from business and industry.

You are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week if you are in the UK for more than 6 months, I believe, and you also get free health care if you are in the UK for 6 months or more, so that's something, anyway.

Finally, deadlines for scholarships for 2009-2010 have passed or are about to pass. Good luck and don't give up.
Reply 6
i dunno about these...

Latest

Trending

Trending