The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

English Lang & Lit

Well I want to start an Open degree made up of Business Studies & English Lang and Lit, I have registered for the 'Arts and Past and Present' course starting October 09, however as there are no compulsory courses in an Open degree I was thinking whether or not to go ahead with 'Art past and Present'. Maybe I should take a course which is more English based rather than a general Arts based.

So yeah do you think I should go ahead with it? but there arn't any other level 1 English courses available tbh. :/
Reply 1
I know what you mean. But it says on english lang and lit site, that it can be your first course... and if you read the comments people made about the course in the customer satisfaction survey, a few said it was their first course and they were OK with it. I think it depends on if your current English skills are OK.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I'm also doing Arts Past and Present this October! :smile:

And mine's counting towards a degree in Modern Language Studies (English, French and German), so you could definitely do a degree in English with it. There are some really interesting English courses available, actually. It makes me slightly disappointed that I have no optional courses (due to studying 3 languages), otherwise I would have liked to give some of them a go.

Latest