The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ill start worrying on 26th August, Maybe 27th August Morning.

You've just done your bloody exams! Get outside, all of you! Now! You'll all be wrecks on results day if you worry about them for over 2 months!
I'm hoping I get 7 A*s and 5 As, but more realistically, I'll probably get 4 A*s, 4 As and 4 Bs.
why does it have to be sooooo long away i wanna know my results noww
natty_d
Good luck you guys! Gosh It doesnt seem that long ago joining last years thread, the epically famous, The Soc for People of GRDCT2008' which has been kept on through out AS, :biggrin: and hopefully til A2. I was in your position last year, just enjoy yourselves now! You've got all summer! :woo: Don't worry, I worried lots about mine, but I did great in the end :smile: :yy:

:hubba:

Don't worry you guys! Like natty I was in your position last year and my results were a lot better than I expected so chances are you will do better than you felt the exam went :yep:
ARHHHHH not long to go
Ah the next generation has arrived! (I'm with Natty and Melting Sugar)
Reply 26
cadaeibfeceh
Ah the next generation has arrived! (I'm with Natty and Melting Sugar)

:biggrin:.

Makes me feel all old. :rolleyes:
Oh I do hate waiting :frown:
I'm supposed to get 11A* 2 A
But I don't think I've achieved that. D:
Oh well if I want to do music stuff they don't much care for academics (y)
That's what I keep telling myself anyway.
Reply 28
Doublereedfreak
Oh well if I want to do music stuff they don't much care for academics (y)
That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

You do 13 GCSEs :smile: does everyone in your year? or is it only those who can cope ect?
We only do 9 1/2 and there was no option of doing anymore? Was still hard work tho :frown:

and yes very nervous for results day :|
Doublereedfreak
Oh well if I want to do music stuff they don't much care for academics
That's what I keep telling myself anyway

Same :sadnod: I've definitely not met my predictions. But again, I'm a music one, so hoping failing Biology won't matter...(sorry, I know you're a Biologist :p:)
Eek!

Thats all I have to say.

x
Reply 31
Hello everyone. :biggrin: Just finshed my last one today, Media Studies. I am so relieved. Bring on the summer!
You lot are going to be fine :borat:
ninaaaaaa
You do 13 GCSEs :smile: does everyone in your year? or is it only those who can cope ect?
We only do 9 1/2 and there was no option of doing anymore? Was still hard work tho :frown:

and yes very nervous for results day :|

No, I'm an exception.
The options you choose affect it.
So everyone had to do English, Maths, some sort of Science, RS.
The top set did triple Science so I got extra there.
The higher sets do English Literature.
I did RS in a year so I got another choice this year.
We then got 4 choices and I chose German, Music, History and IT. The IT was a double award. It was also a complete nightmare. :p:
ChopinNocturne
Same :sadnod: I've definitely not met my predictions. But again, I'm a music one, so hoping failing Biology won't matter...(sorry, I know you're a Biologist :p:)

Aha, the perksss of Artiness :p:
I'm not a biologist at all haha. I was actually determined not to do anything sciency but the option block was awful for me. It was like Biology, Psychology, History, Law and I just went with Biology since I'm quite good at it and it's the most interesting science in my opinion. I guess it shows that I'm not just arty as well. Meh.
Doublereedfreak
Aha, the perksss of Artiness :p:
I'm not a biologist at all haha. I was actually determined not to do anything sciency but the option block was awful for me. It was like Biology, Psychology, History, Law and I just went with Biology since I'm quite good at it and it's the most interesting science in my opinion. I guess it shows that I'm not just arty as well. Meh.

You have option blocks?! We just choose!! Well there are blocks technically but we don't have to stick to them :p:

I debated doing maths because it makes me look more balanced but I didn't have one I wanted to replace with it! My teacher suggested I pick it up in Y13 as an extra AS...might do that...

Ok, so you're not a biologist!! My options are very artsy!! :p: :biggrin:
ChopinNocturne
You have option blocks?! We just choose!! Well there are blocks technically but we don't have to stick to them :p:

I debated doing maths because it makes me look more balanced but I didn't have one I wanted to replace with it! My teacher suggested I pick it up in Y13 as an extra AS...might do that...

Ok, so you're not a biologist!! My options are very artsy!! :p: :biggrin:

Well we did that but as its a small 6 form I'm going to, they have restrictions. And as it took 5 redrafts of the time table for them to slot German in they didn't want to accomadate a nice 4th choice for me :frown: I would have taken Art of Philosophy or even maths myself because my teacher is stilll sulking that I haven't chosen it hahha.
I'm also learning French GCSE next year with a little guidance from a teacher to help with pronunciation and stuff.
Should be fun! :biggrin:
What subjects are you taking next year?
Doublereedfreak
Well we did that but as its a small 6 form I'm going to, they have restrictions. And as it took 5 redrafts of the time table for them to slot German in they didn't want to accomadate a nice 4th choice for me :frown: I would have taken Art of Philosophy or even maths myself because my teacher is stilll sulking that I haven't chosen it hahha.
I'm also learning French GCSE next year with a little guidance from a teacher to help with pronunciation and stuff.
Should be fun! :biggrin:
What subjects are you taking next year?

English lit
Music
French
Philosphy and Ethics
ChopinNocturne
English lit
Music
French
Philosphy and Ethics

Those were my first choices (except German instead of French)
Then the timetable got re-worked...and re-worked... and re-worked :p:
The teacher is a nightmare anyway so I'm not too fussed about Phil and Ethics.
I hope you really enjoy college/6th form :smile:
Reply 39
I'm scared!
But still have to focus on my last exam!

Damn Food Tech. Not finished till Thursday, but I just hope I get the results that I worked for! lol

Latest