The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Failed depression.
Failed issues question.

But I know I got 30/30 for the approaches. :top:
Cool, thanks! I wrote 16 then. My hand still aches, haha.
Reply 62
freeforever
Hey, I thought it was ok, apart from the debates question. I did 'Discuss the arguments for determinism with relation psychological research' Which I think I did fine on but it was worded in a horrible way.

For approaches I did number 8 which was the scratch cards. I argued Biological with a hypersensitivity to adrenaline...hope that was ok :s-smilie:

hey, i dunno if this makes you feel any better but all my friends from another school (they do debates, we do issues) said that their determinism question was a bitch so try not to worry =]
Reply 63
usernamee
lol,,, i seriously thought i was going 2 flop it. but after the exam i was happy. although i think i messed up my maths exam.

I learnt SSR at like 4am this morning so it kinda paid off! ahhh you had another exam? my friend had 3 hrs of general studies followed by 2hrs pya5, bad times. i wouldnt have been able to manage any more :p:
Reply 64
I KNEW that determinism was going to come up but for some reason I didn't study it at all.
What the **** was I thinking!? :|
Had to blag through it, listing pretty irrelevant studies with no AO2 information because I know jack all about free will.
Oh dear...
* Dain Bramaged
wasn't that question just exactly like describe and evaluate arguments for determinism.

the psychological research bit is redundant....doesn't mean anything

right?

I think so, that's how I interpreted it mostly but I'm still slightly unsure...
Well, apart from the fact that i didn't actually do the 3rd question (freewill vs determinism) it went well. I'm hoping it'll get me the C I need to get a B overall o.0

Approaches I did the cooking one with psychodynamic & behaviourist. Then did the depression one. I thought I wouldn't be able to remember stuff for it but I did! :biggrin:
Reply 67
hardcoretophat
Well, apart from the fact that i didn't actually do the 3rd question (freewill vs determinism) it went well. I'm hoping it'll get me the C I need to get a B overall o.0

Approaches I did the cooking one with psychodynamic & behaviourist. Then did the depression one. I thought I wouldn't be able to remember stuff for it but I did! :biggrin:

as in you missed the third one out? how come? ran out of time?
It was pretty sneaky, they did psychology as a science, when it came up in January.
Seeing as I only revised Nature Nurture as I was certain [and admittedly slightly cocky) that it would come up, debates probably could have gone better.
Luckily I vaguely knew Determinism so had a good waffle for half an hour about god knows what, hopefully got about 10 marks from that, seeing as I reckon I got about 25+ for Depression, and 20+ for Approaches, should be okay in the end, fingers crossed.
One thing from this exam though : I am never ever ever ever going to try and predict an exam again.
Reply 70
NiceWeatherForAirstrikes
Where did you find the Jan '09 paper? I thought they couldn't release it that quick because of copyright reasons or something.

I found out on here and also my teachers to make sure.
Well, everyone you just need a score between 55-60 out of 90. Which is pretty good, so if you get 20, 20, 20, it would equal 60/90, so you would get an A. It's pretty low.
Reply 72
sounds like you guys had a pretty good exam :smile:
StevieeeG
I found out on here and also my teachers to make sure.

Oh right, i guess the teachers must have found out from students who sat it in January. Thanks anyway!
Reply 74
Did everyone finish in time? 40mins per question?
Reply 75
StevieeeG
Did everyone finish in time? 40mins per question?

yep, finshed in time...except i spent around 50 minutes on section A (depression) and 30 minutes on section B (SSR)...
k8t11
as in you missed the third one out? how come? ran out of time?

yeah I missed it out, I did run out of time but I didn't make a huge effort to get to it since I knew next to nothing about it anyway and concentrated on getting everything I could possible think of in the other two to try and get full marks/as close to full marks as possibly in them.

Had my last exam today, I'm freee! And going on holiday on friday wooo :woo:
Reply 77
well i had a cunning plan for my psychology exams, fail on purpose!!!
So far i've ended up being 8 marks off my A with my AS grade and my A2 coursework but like an idoit i left all my revision wayyyy to late and so decided not to revise for psychology at all and fail but revise for biology, geography and history and pass them so i only had to resit 2 exams. Hopefully this plan will work, just bothered about 1 o ma history exams :s-smilie:

Why does psychology have to have such a hugeeeee content?
so in summary PYA5 went rubbish!!
Reply 78
2 tasha
well i had a cunning plan for my psychology exams, fail on purpose!!!
So far i've ended up being 8 marks off my A with my AS grade and my A2 coursework but like an idoit i left all my revision wayyyy to late and so decided not to revise for psychology at all and fail but revise for biology, geography and history and pass them so i only had to resit 2 exams. Hopefully this plan will work, just bothered about 1 o ma history exams :s-smilie:

Why does psychology have to have such a hugeeeee content?
so in summary PYA5 went rubbish!!

I feel you sister. (N)
Reply 79
hardcoretophat
yeah I missed it out, I did run out of time but I didn't make a huge effort to get to it since I knew next to nothing about it anyway and concentrated on getting everything I could possible think of in the other two to try and get full marks/as close to full marks as possibly in them.

Had my last exam today, I'm freee! And going on holiday on friday wooo :woo:

woooooo =]
where you going on holiday?
and yeah fair enough, you aiming for an A then?

Latest

Trending

Trending