The Student Room Group

Mechanics M1 2009 Edexcel

Poll

What paper did you find the hardest?

I know a thread was already made but i can't find it :|
But i thought id just see how everyone thought the may mechanics (1) paper was to the january. Like which you found easier.

Personally i thought the january was much better than may. June was mean. :frown:

Anywho I've created a poll so you can just vote:
(Also assuming you tried the january paper)

P.s. Sorry i meant "May"
Yeah, I think January paper was much easier... But because they lowered grade boundaries so much in January, I thought in May it would be an easy exam; but noooo, it just had to get worse.
Reply 2
SomeStudent
Yeah, I think January paper was much easier... But because they lowered grade boundaries so much in January, I thought in May it would be an easy exam; but noooo, it just had to get worse.

Few ok, i thought it was just me. Cudnt imagine the grad boundaries getting any lower than jan.

And stupidly missed out on the acceleration question. Wrote 2 lines and got 5.88. Then thought, "no way could that be 9marks" So crossed it out and wrote something else *slaps head in frustation*.
Reply 3
the acceleration question was 7 marks
not 9 marks lol.. well at least i hope it was!!

The May exam was harder by far!!

i predict grade boundaries to be 56 for an A.
Reply 4
AmitYiddo
the acceleration question was 7 marks
not 9 marks lol.. well at least i hope it was!!

The May exam was harder by far!!

i predict grade boundaries to be 56 for an A.

Well the grade boundary for january was 49/75. Yep 49 so if may was harder then it would get lower than that? thatd be good.

Yea it was 9marks :frown: i remember that question like it was yesterday :frown:
Reply 5
hmmm ... i thought the june exam was easier lol, i failed January so badly lol got a C ... :frown:
Reply 6
i didn't sit the January exam proper but done it as a past paper in the build up to the exam in May. i personally fort that this exam was alot nicer than the january paper, and most over past papers to be frank. the final vectors question was just a gift!!
if only i didnt **** up on the thrust question :frown:
Reply 7
jknewell
hmmm ... i thought the june exam was easier lol, i failed January so badly lol got a C ... :frown:

Mm in jan i got 50 something, but this one :s-smilie:. Its dread didnt really feel it was a good assessment of the syllabus we'd learnt.
I self-taught and was doing fine on the past papers -2008 and further back. But this one was like a punch in the stomach. Was really counting on almost full marks in this one :frown:. Now just have to play the waiting game till august.
Reply 8
vads92
i didn't sit the January exam proper but done it as a past paper in the build up to the exam in May. i personally fort that this exam was alot nicer than the january paper, and most over past papers to be frank. the final vectors question was just a gift!!
if only i didnt **** up on the thrust question :frown:

Yea the vector one was nice, although i missed out on the last two marks (not substituting the 20 into the original equation). By then my brain was frazzled :frown: ow man.
Reply 9
I feel robbed. Neither paper tested my mechanics ability, just my ability to make numbers out of letters (which was not what I spent all yer learning :mad:).
Reply 10
modini
I feel robbed. Neither paper tested my mechanics ability, just my ability to make numbers out of letters.

SO TRUE!

It was more of a algebraic test. I guess they really tried to push us out our comfort zone and test our skills at application. Would have been nice to be warned they were gonna change it up like that, then we could have had more practice at applying the theories a lil more :|
MAD hard.
I thought May was okay actually, I think I've got about 65/75 - will that work out to about 90 UMS, do you think? I need to have done really well in M1 because I know I messed up C4. HAVE to get an A over all.
Reply 13
peanutbutternjelly
I thought May was okay actually, I think I've got about 65/75 - will that work out to about 90 UMS, do you think? I need to have done really well in M1 because I know I messed up C4. HAVE to get an A over all.

Reckon the grade boundary for an A will probs be about 54-55. So i gues your fine. Me 2, but hey have no idea now.

Latest