Reply 1
I'm one. Hi!
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Me too. Ahoy!
Reply 3
What subjects are you doing (pretending I can't see your sig Manellowzworth :smile:)? And are you both in Florey?
Lol, modern history and politics (read it slowly, I wouldnt want the shock to hurt you), room 43 in the Florey..
Reply 5
Oh, hello...sorry for crashing a freshers thread but I'll be in the 2nd year and am being nosy so was wondering who your parents are. You never know- you might be lucky enough to have me :wink:

Also, am wondering if I can remember which one of the baby medics you are Ella_belle. I saw you all briefly in Dipenders room and played a strange card game which involved grabbing oranges?? Went to the club with all of you that night as well but was very quiet and spent most of my night trying to penny you from the next table.
Reply 6
Hi! I'm Danielle, (short, glasses) - yes, that was an odd card game, although it was a good way of getting to know each other :smile:. Who were (or even are) you? My parents are Esther and Thom, which I'm really happy about.

Manellowzworth, I'm in Florey too, room 1.
My parents are Kat and Matthew
Reply 8
Ella_belle
Hi! I'm Danielle, (short, glasses) - yes, that was an odd card game, although it was a good way of getting to know each other :smile:. Who were (or even are) you? My parents are Esther and Thom, which I'm really happy about.

Manellowzworth, I'm in Florey too, room 1.

[peeps into thread]

Esther and Thom? Esther Freke and Thom Greenwood?

Oohh, they're both so loooooovely! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Hi Ella, I'm Andy- tall with long hair (probably...can't remember when it was you came). I'm now realising I shouldn't have asked about people's parents as I will now display my general ignorance about the people in my year. Thom and Ester seem nice but don't talk to them that much. I steered clear of Ester for the 1st term after causing someone to spill a drink down her new dress at the matriculation party so felt very bad about that.

Sorry Manellowzworth but I can say even less about your parents- they are both from Cardo and given how rare it was I found the energy to go on that 3 minute bike ride from Florey I don't know many people from Cardo very well.
Aww, do make sure you send your lovely parents an email or something... :smile:
*weeps over lack of correspondence from own offspring*

@ Danielle: Room 1? Lucky you, that's enormous!!! Bring loads of posters and stuff to put on the walls and maybe some rugs!
Hello. Im not a Queen's Oxford student but a Queens' Cambridge one. Just thought i'd crash in on to see how my college's Oxford counterpart is doing :smile:
Reply 12
Andy Russell
Hello. Im not a Queen's Oxford student but a Queens' Cambridge one. Just thought i'd crash in on to see how my college's Oxford counterpart is doing :smile:

Your apostrophe is just insane, Cambridge. Product of sixties hedonism? I think so. :smile:

I'm in Florey 39, doing history. Apparently it's a bit teeny, unlike 38 next door... But gonna be fun, fo' sure.
Reply 13
Hello everyone! I'm coming down from the frozen wastelands of the north to do Japanese. I'm in Florey, room 50 (nice, round number). I'm very pleased that there's a themed bop already in the first week.:p:
Reply 14
Gosh, yes, bop. What's everyone thinking of costuming as? Tres difficile. I think the toilet-roll-Mummy option is becoming increasingly attractive...
Reply 15
I think the toilet paper mummy would be memorable, at the very least. Mission accomplished! :wink:

My friends have suggested Insanity, the Inquisition and the Iron Curtain, but I think I'm going to be something ice-themed. re: Frozen Wastelands of the North and all that.
I'm quite stuck for ideas as well - I've had suggestions of dictionary, donkey and Death, but I'm thinking I may go as a doll.

Girls, how many smart dresses do you actually posess? I think I may have to go shopping (not that that's a bad thing, of course...)
Reply 17
Haha, I tend to be a little overdressed (Emily Post would call me vulgar :wink: ), so it's actually my everyday attire that needs some beefing up before going off. Will have to sort out some sort of expense account with my mum. Thankfully, wool garments and other necessities for making it through an Oxford winter are ample in shops at the moment.

My college parents are both scientists, so we'll see how well we get along considering the supposed scientist-humanities chasm. They both seemed really lovely in their letters to me, though.
Reply 18
Ooh...2 scientist parents- I should hopefully know one of them reasonably well. Are either of them mathmos?

And whats the theme for the bop this year, it sounds complicated- we had a simple enough back to school bop although it was made trickier by the fact we had been told it was a summer holiday bop :confused:
Just thought I'd say hi. I'm not a fresher or anything (but am at Queen's), in fact I'll be a 3rd year this coming October. God I feel old.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending