The Student Room Group

McDonalds Application concerns? (EDIT: and McDonalds Rejection Thread!)

Scroll to see replies

there are people pushed into applying there from birth.

You're kidding, right?
Reply 201
I applied for a vacancy twelve days ago and the status is still listed as "Application Received" on the website... and the vacancy is still being advertised. It's kind of frustrating, although at least they haven't rejected me - yet! :smile:
i find it funny how, as i was reading the first page of the topic... there was an ad for mcd0nalds... but then i spose they are always here...
i got a job at mcd's
first day next week
:biggrin:
Reply 204
You know you phail when you get rejected from McDonalds...:daydreaming:
Reply 205
Someone pass me a big plate of fail. I've applied to about three Mcds and they have all rejected me.

I don't know whats going on. They keep on sending me a letter telling me that they have a rigorous process and I didn't make it through. It sounds like ******** to be honest. It's probably the questions I'm screwing up with.
Reply 206
I have an 'oje and interview' tomorrow at McDonalds, they say it will last 30 minutes as i booked it from a list of available time slots. Does anyone know what to expect from the interview? I know it varies from store to store, but are there any generics to this process?

Cheers
Reply 207
just applied 5 Mcdonalds shops(I live in a city with 7-8 Mcdonalds), my refrences are & work history are dodgy.

I hope at least one place give me chance
Reply 208
I just got rejected as well. I'm sure it was because of their personality questions. The way you have to answer them is to be honest. Don't worry if you disagree with something that makes you look bad. Just be honest and you'll pass it. for example don't agree to" you've never lied to your parents" (unless you really didn't :biggrin:)

I also tried to apply using another account so I can answer personality questions right this time. No luck, because it seems they cross check your info with other accounts and if one of them is black-listed ,this one will join them XD at least for the specific role that you're applying.
(edited 12 years ago)
I didn't even receive a rejection email. 5 days after I applied (and hours scouring my emails) I felt the need to check the application status was still open. It wasn't. I'm 17, I honestly think that is the main reason students don't get chosen. Their age. I'm smarter than half of their managers, and they think it's okay to reject people with no warning or even a word as to why my application didn't get me a job. It's just disrespectful, the amount of disregard they have for some people.. Its McDonalds! You can't be too picky with who you want to work there, you can't have had that many applicants. How are students supposed to get work experience when no one wants to hire them in the first place because they have no work experience. It makes me sick.
Original post by A7XDrummer
I didn't even receive a rejection email. 5 days after I applied (and hours scouring my emails) I felt the need to check the application status was still open. It wasn't. I'm 17, I honestly think that is the main reason students don't get chosen. Their age. I'm smarter than half of their managers, and they think it's okay to reject people with no warning or even a word as to why my application didn't get me a job. It's just disrespectful, the amount of disregard they have for some people.. Its McDonalds! You can't be too picky with who you want to work there, you can't have had that many applicants. How are students supposed to get work experience when no one wants to hire them in the first place because they have no work experience. It makes me sick.

McDonalds cleary don't wish to hire things like you since you an excuse of a creature.
I think the overqualified stuff is bull. Before I got my GCSE results this summer, I was predicted 'As' and 'Bs'.
And I have experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending