The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL C4 June 2009 - Unofficial Solutions plus Paper

Much more challenging than the C3 paper - plenty of attention to detail required. Let the post mortem begin!

The solutions now incorporate the correction to question 1.

These links take you to you know what (for private use only):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JQFTJ7KU for zipped pdf file,
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EPOD8WG5 if you prefer word documents.

Password for file:

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sorry but could you PM me the password please?

NVM, Just seen it :P

Thanks!!!
Think the grade boundaries will come down? What is usually an A does anyone know?
Reply 3
usually around 57-60
chris007as
usually around 57-60

Ohhh really? I hope it is cause I am pretty sure I got 59 on this paper! I will seriously be so upset if I don't get the overall A!!

Thanks for telling me and giving me some hope! :p:
Reply 5
I think it was pretty easy tbh....although i rechecked my answers like 10 times and i always found somewhere that i f-ed up. So i think im good :biggrin:
Reply 6
Edit: I didnt do the Shortest Distance and the Area thing is Q 7 because i ran out of time but everything else was the same as yours :biggrin:
GOD I LOST ONE STUPID MARK.... in the vectors question i didnt give the area to 3sf ... i gave them the exact value OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :stomp:

i disagree with your answer to the first question.... !!!
Reply 8
wooow, i think this paper went really well!!!! looked as the m/s, got pretty m everything except one question!!!! yay! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
darkness9999
GOD I LOST ONE STUPID MARK.... in the vectors question i didnt give the area to 3sf ... i gave them the exact value OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :stomp:

i disagree with your answer to the first question.... !!!

I lost loads of stupid marks!! The last question I wrote 1/2 x 1/2 = 1!!! I really want to kill myself right now as I may not have gotten the A!

:mad:

Oh well... maybe I can make up for it by getting an A in physics.. who needs maths anyway! :sad:
Sapphire Rose
I lost loads of stupid marks!! The last question I wrote 1/2 x 1/2 = 1!!! I really want to kill myself right now as I may not have gotten the A!

:mad:

Oh well... maybe I can make up for it by getting an A in physics.. who needs maths anyway! :sad:

im sure that you will get an A...! hmm physics? today? AQA?

Dragonkiller
Er for the first question isn't the last term -5/2048?

yes it is 2048 on the bottom....
darkness9999
im sure that you will get an A...! hmm physics? today? AQA?

yes it is 2048 on the bottom....

I have edexcel physics today :p:

and wait! why is the first question that?? I got what is on this MS... oh god I really won't get the A now...
Reply 12
Awesome, I did much better than I expected!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 13
I thought this paper was easy compared to January's! no differential equations = my kinda paper! Even though I was prepared for it!
Wow... so many stupid ******* mistakes. =/ 1+25+100 is 126, not like, 137. Aaargghhhh, guess I'm not getting 100. :frown: Unless of course the grade boundaries are lowwwww, like 100 is between 71-75, lol.
Sapphire Rose
I have edexcel physics today :p:

and wait! why is the first question that?? I got what is on this MS... oh god I really won't get the A now...

aww... im sure that it is 2048 on the bottom for the last term... -.-'
Reply 16
How many marks would I get out of 3 for the smallest distance to the line vector question, for working out the point on the line that has the same j and k coordinates, but a different i coordinate, and then finding that distance...?
0? :sad:

Also how many marks would I get out of three for working out coordinate x on the line, and then working out the distance CX and XB and multiplying the distances together and dividing by two to get the area? 0?
Reply 17
I was so upset that there wasn't a differential equations question, especially as they seem to have replaced it with an extra-long, extra-hard and extra-boring vectors question, but looks like i got 4/5 bits of the vectors question right! coolness

anyway no more maths, off to my french exam now :smile:
darkness9999
aww... im sure that it is 2048 on the bottom for the last term... -.-'

Well I am sure it is not so ha :yep:

(ok I really hope it is not as it will be bye bye imperial if it is! no joke! :shock:)
Reply 19
HELP!!!

I wrote the vector equation as r=b-((a-b)*scalar) so I GOT A DOT PRODUCT OF -27! WOULD I LOSE ALL THE VECTOR MARKS EXPCEPT FROM THE MAGNITUDE QUESTION!!!!:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

I remember that I started from b and my vector would take me back to A- is that right???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending