Results are out! Find what you Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I get my (lost) NHS details?

Announcements Posted on
Live Q&A today at 11am: Find out about funding for NHS courses here 09-02-2016
Earn £10 in half an hour; help us test TSR's new search box 29-01-2016
  1. Offline

    I am an international student. I registered with the NHS while in college. It's been 2 years since I finished college and I am now in the second year of university. I registered with the doctor at the student accommodation in my first year but i am not registered to any GP this year as I have moved out of student accommodation. I have lost all of my NHS details, I do not have an nhs card or registration number.
    How can I get them back? Should I call the NHS? Can I register with a new GP without the details?
    I would really appreciate any help.
  2. Offline

    You need to write to the local Primary Care Trust, to request your NHS card.

    Find out your local PCT by going to
  3. Offline

    I would think however that your last GP should still have your records kicking around seeing as youve not technically moved until youre registered somewhere else.
  4. Offline

    You don't need NHS card to register with the GP. They may ask you for a proof of your student status (student ID card is usualy enough) to ensure that you are entaitled to free NHS care.


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2009
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR

It's Student Money Week

Find out which Q&As are happening today

Can you drive?
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.