Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What to wear to Wimbledon?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OK, well I'm going to Wimbledon on Friday next week (26th June) and haven't got a clue what I should wear! Anybody got any suggestions. I'm around a size 14/16 depending on style, I'm about 5ft 3. Thanks for help in advance, also links would be useful.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Comfortable, layers. It's a long day and you might get a lot of weather
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I recommend a white dress, white socks and trainers. It would also be helpful to bring a racket.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    normal stuff??
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    I recommend a white dress, white socks and trainers. It would also be helpful to bring a racket.
    Hah! Rep for this. :yes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've worked at Wimbledon for the past 4 years, and going back there this year.

There really is no dress code as such, I recommend dressing casually. There is no need to dress up, hardly anyone does, not even for the finals.

Any other questions, let me know.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oo Wimbledon, you lucky sod! Hehe hope you have an amazing time

I would wear something nice - when you see the crowd on tv they mostly all look like sad socks-and-sandal wearing miserable old-before-their-time middle-aged crones, or they just look like fat grotesque chavs.

Depending on what the weather's supposed to be like that day (it's England, so the last week of June could either be blazing sunshine or pouring rain!), I would go for something like:

A pretty sun or day dress
    A cardigan (possibly a longish slouchy one that you can roll the sleeves up on or a waterfall one so you can cosy up in it if it gets chilly later on)
    Ballet pumps/trainers (not actual trainers, I mean the type they have in Next with the little velcro straps, the cute ones)

Or:

Jeans
    Vest top
    Cardigan
    Ballet pumps/trainers

Try places like Primark, Dorothy Perkins, Tesco, Sainsbury's - they're normally really good for inexpensive day dresses, cardigans and the like.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy_1990)
    OK, well I'm going to Wimbledon on Friday next week (26th June) and haven't got a clue what I should wear! Anybody got any suggestions. I'm around a size 14/16 depending on style, I'm about 5ft 3. Thanks for help in advance, also links would be useful.
    What is this supposed to mean??? i dunno about u, but like other people i like to wear clothes...u shud probably wear clothes im guessing...just cuz ur going to 'wimbledon' does not mean you should go naked. I'm talking butterball nekkid.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    A K-Way Cagoule in Tournament Green.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2009
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.