The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Year you will be starting next year: 2

Subject: Italian and Spanish BA

Any worries: Not really, just passing this year, which I'm sure I'll do ok, and also settling into halls ok.

What are you looking forward to: Progressing with my language study, getting more fluent when speaking and getting better at listening, meeting new friends in halls, enjoying more of the social life on campus and starting to think about the year abroad in the 3rd year.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Year you will be starting next year: 1

Subject: International Relations BA

Any worries: Settling in, really. That degree level will be dramatically harder than A-levels.

What are you looking forward to: Studying a subject I actually give a damn about at an engaging level. Being able to express opinions. The social side of things... :smile:

Subject: Artificial Intelligence BA

Any worries: Just hoping university will be better second time 'round!

What are you looking forward to: Not having to work full time anymore! :biggrin:
Reply 4

Subject: Human Sciences BSc

Any worries: Being away from my boyfriend; not getting any sleep!

What are you looking forward to: The course, it looks really interesting. also it's cliched but joining lots of societies and meeting loads of new people!
Reply 5
Year you will be starting next year: First! :biggrin:
Subject: Media Practice and Theory
Any worries: Not being near my boyfriend :frown: Not getting into the halls I want to.
What are you looking forward to: Making lots of new friends, Brighton night life, the excellent course, and just the whole thing! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Year you will be starting next year: First
Subject: English Lit
Any worries: not at all. i try not 2 worry bout things that i'm gona hafta deal with regardless. ohh wait yeh. my phone bill 2 back home and to all my frens in unis across d world could b a worry...4 my parents hehe.
What are you looking forward to: everything. new friends, new clubs, new clothes, and lots of good times 2 come. the course looks really great 2.
Year you will be starting next year: 2
Subject: Geography BA
Any worries: None!
What are you looking forward to: Moving into Brighton, campus life is brilliant, but it'll be great having my own house. Lewes Road itself is pretty much a huge campus anyway, there's thousands of students living just off of it!
Reply 8
year: 1
subject: english
worries: i think "why am i doing this???" occassionally but thats normal (isnt it)
looking forward to: having lots of fun, making new friends, the seaside, going out, i cant wait :smile:
Year will be starting:2
Subject:colone:nglish
Worries?: Less social as living with only 2 people next year
Looking forward to: Not living in my cramped flat, broadband and a VCR
year: 1

subject: Philosophy

looking forward to: meeting lots of people - maybe some with my tastes in music - & going out!
Plus, socializing with as many girls as possible before friendship groups settle down..!
In the past two years people mixed surprisingly little at college, I've noticed.

worries: missing the opportunity to do the above, by being lazy / introverted / not a big drinker!
Oh, and if I start dwelling on not getting into Cambridge, I will officially punch myself in the face. :wink:

toodles
Reply 11
Year you will be starting next year:1
Subject: English Lit and Art History...
Any worries: wanting to go out too much/no monies :P being away from my bf. Lol- not that i'm dependent on him!
What are you looking forward to: Meeting people! and the fact that a degree is SUPPOSED to be more fun/easier than A levels.. crazy uni randomness :P and finally (lol) all the art history trips!
Reply 12
Year: 1
Subject: English Lit
Worries: Not getting my results!!
Looking forward to: EVERYTHING!!
Reply 13
Year: 1
Subject: Psychology
Worries: Not getting B in history extremely likely to happen! lol
Looking forward to: Being near the sea!
Any worries: That i wont make any friends!! (im shy wiv people i dont know!), that i wont actually get the grades to get in!
What are you looking forward to: Everything being new! I feel like i really need a change!! and like someone else said would be nice to make some friends wiv similar music tastes to me as my friends at the mo dont and its a pain when it comes to gigs!
appleshampoo
Any worries: That i wont make any friends!! (im shy wiv people i dont know!), that i wont actually get the grades to get in!
What are you looking forward to: Everything being new! I feel like i really need a change!! and like someone else said would be nice to make some friends wiv similar music tastes to me as my friends at the mo dont and its a pain when it comes to gigs!

What kind of music do you like? The live scene in Brighton is pretty good...I go to gigs all the time so I'm hoping to meet some people into the same kind of music as well.
^^^ Maybe we'll start a music topic sometime soon... :wink:

& Some of the current students can give us a bit of a lowdown
on where to go & what to do, just as an idea or two. ^_^
ilovemonkeys
What kind of music do you like? The live scene in Brighton is pretty good...I go to gigs all the time so I'm hoping to meet some people into the same kind of music as well.

well... im into bands like my chemical romance, taking back sunday, funeral for a friend, green day, fall out boy........etc etc, what bout u?
appleshampoo
well... im into bands like my chemical romance, taking back sunday, funeral for a friend, green day, fall out boy........etc etc, what bout u?

Erm, loads of stuff really...Ian Brown, Brendan Benson (already got tix to see him in Brighton in Oct!), Supergrass, Ryan Adams, The Living End, Libertines, Idlewild....that kinda thing anyway.
Reply 19
ilovemonkeys
Erm, loads of stuff really...Ian Brown, Brendan Benson (already got tix to see him in Brighton in Oct!), Supergrass, Ryan Adams, The Living End, Libertines, Idlewild....that kinda thing anyway.

Idlewild rock, they were supporting U2 at Twickenham when I went to see them the day before my final A2 History exam! :biggrin:

Supergrass are cool too.

Latest

Trending

Trending