The Student Room Group

Mole in embarrassing place - remove?

I have a mole just above and to the right of my clitoris, it's quite raised aswell, would this put you off? I've been thinking of getting it removed but haven't done so as of yet because my GP is male and there were no women doctors in the surgery but she's just come back from maternity leave.
Reply 1
Is it lost?

Unless you think it might be cancerous, I'd just leave it.
.. to be blunt, but does it have a mole hair?

How raised/obvious is it? :/ I'm not a guy but I doubt it'd put guys off if it isn't massive or anything - is he really going to be looking that closely?

I have a birthmark 'down there' but it's not majorly obvious for hair - I've never had any comments (or complaints!) don't worry, everyone's different :smile:
Reply 3
TBH if a guy is going to get to see it then he probably won't be that bothered. Most blokes take what they can get. But if it really bothers you then you should get something done about it.
Reply 4
Anonymous
.. to be blunt, but does it have a mole hair?

How raised/obvious is it? :/ I'm not a guy but I doubt it'd put guys off if it isn't massive or anything - is he really going to be looking that closely?

I have a birthmark 'down there' but it's not majorly obvious for hair - I've never had any comments (or complaints!) don't worry, everyone's different :smile:

ergh no there's no hair coming from it but it is quite big (you don't have to look that close), hair grows around it, obviously because of where it is, but it doesn't hide it. I'm just worried that a scar would look worse because hair doesn't grow from scar tissue so wouldn't I just be left with a bald patch :eek:
Anonymous
ergh no there's no hair coming from it but it is quite big (you don't have to look that close), hair grows around it, obviously because of where it is, but it doesn't hide it. I'm just worried that a scar would look worse because hair doesn't grow from scar tissue so wouldn't I just be left with a bald patch :eek:

Hmm.. Well to be honest I think only superficial guys would be bothered about it, and they're not the ones you should want to be with anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it :smile:

Plus, lasers down there = owwwch!
Reply 6
Anonymous
Hmm.. Well to be honest I think only superficial guys would be bothered about it, and they're not the ones you should want to be with anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it :smile:

Plus, lasers down there = owwwch!

Yeah I guess you're right, my previous 2 boyfriends weren't bothered about it.

I thought they froze it then stiched it, not that that's any better
Reply 7
any guys opinions?
Reply 8
Less than 0.0000000000000000001% of guys on earth would even notice, let alone care
And if you did have it removed...well that's got to be a painfull place to have a mole removed.
Reply 10
they numb it though so I guess it would be just as painful as anywhere else, probably a bit more awkward afterwards if you have stiches. I guess the scar would look just as bad as the mole anyway so lose-lose situation
Reply 11
sweetie if that bothers any man, he's not worth it :smile:
it's completely natural, but if it's putting you down then you should get something done, not if it bothers other people.
Reply 12
Anonymous
I have a mole just above and to the right of my clitoris, it's quite raised aswell, would this put you off? I've been thinking of getting it removed but haven't done so as of yet because my GP is male and there were no women doctors in the surgery but she's just come back from maternity leave.
If you're worried about it go to the hospital and ask to see a female nurse. Or else go to your GP, and take your mother with you.

How long has it been there?

And no I doubt it would put me off.
Reply 13
Tootles
If you're worried about it go to the hospital and ask to see a female nurse. Or else go to your GP, and take your mother with you.

How long has it been there?

And no I doubt it would put me off.

Hospital is ages from where I love - the female doctor is back now though so I might go and see just to have it checked anyway

forever, I've had it from birth and it's sorta grown with me
Reply 14
Anonymous
Hospital is ages from where I love - the female doctor is back now though so I might go and see just to have it checked anyway

forever, I've had it from birth and it's sorta grown with me
Surely you love wherever you go :p:?

If you don't need it rid, then don't get rid; it'd be pointless. Chances are, if you've had it all your life, that it's harmless. I've had a couple of cancerous moles removed from my neck, and they had just appeared, were irregular in shape, and raised. If yours isn't like that, then it probably is harmless. From what you said, if it's grown with you, that it's OK, as well.
Reply 15
Haha - because so many guys are going to get that far and then say
"oh no, a mole. I've changed my mind" :tongue:

it's probably not worth getting it removed.
Reply 16
Well thanks everyone for making me feel better about it :smile: guess it's just a part of me and anyone who gets close enough to even see it will like me enough to accept it lol

Latest