Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Balancing Conflicting Interests? Unit 6 AQA

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heyy everyone , I've seen alot of topics and a few sample essays about Law Unit 6 , but nobody seems to be don Balancing Conflicting Interests?

I'm really struggling with how to write an essay for it , and as you'll know , the exam isn't far away at all .

Does anyone have any sample essays or structures?
    it would be a great help, thank youuu
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a problem too!
    Im up to the right to silence and I'm just like, huh?!

Someone else needs to write one for us
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If all else fails, I'd look at the mark schemes to get a rough idea of the content that's required, then maybe try and pad that out with stuff that fits those descriptions. I know it's pretty vague, but it's better than nothing, eh?

I'm not doing it though (fault, judicial creativity and morality), so I can't help you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    talk about what the different interests are, public/private etc
    then take examples from criminal law/law of tort to show how these interests are balanced
    also include the theorists eg marx said the law was put in place to suppress the working class not to balance interests
    look at judges as social engineers and how balancing takes place in the legislative process.

Thats just what i can remember now but ive got loads more in my essay if anyones stuck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Start with a handfull of theorists...show the different interpretations and the debate surrounding this area...then hmm...go through Contract Law and Tort especially nuisance, n vicairous, and remedies available. do these allow a balanced outcome? refer back 2 the question!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sampshogg)
    talk about what the different interests are, public/private etc
    then take examples from criminal law/law of tort to show how these interests are balanced
    also include the theorists eg marx said the law was put in place to suppress the working class not to balance interests
    look at judges as social engineers and how balancing takes place in the legislative process.

Thats just what i can remember now but ive got loads more in my essay if anyones stuck

That sounds like a good plan, thanks for your help

Is your essay typed up? It'd be a great help, i'm really stuck on how to word things, its alot different to the Unit 5 structures
    Thanks x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    sorry but its handwritten, my essay isnt that great anyway, ive kinda given up on this exam haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    okay well thanks anyway
    yeah i feel in giving up stage too
    but after this one its all doneee so ime tryin to get thru it best i can lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello again , i finally found one
    I don't think i'm allowed to post it up cos its someone elses , but if your signed if to coursework.info ,you can read it..
    so if anyone needs the help and is signed up, heres the link :
    http://www.coursework.info/AS_and_A_...y_L863069.html
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muppety_Kid)
    If all else fails, I'd look at the mark schemes to get a rough idea of the content that's required, then maybe try and pad that out with stuff that fits those descriptions. I know it's pretty vague, but it's better than nothing, eh?

I'm not doing it though (fault, judicial creativity and morality), so I can't help you.
    Can't look at mark schemes - there has never been a question on it!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.