The Student Room Group

Skins

Scroll to see replies

Hey, there's something confusing me a little. Who exactly gave Sophia the drugs. Was it Cook, or Naomi, was it both of them, or did Cook give to to Naomi who gave it to Sophia? Sorry if I sound dumb, I'm just quite confused by that.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Hey, there's something confusing me a little. Who exactly gave Sophia the drugs. Was it Cook, or Naomi, was it both of them, or did Cook give to to Naomi who gave it to Sophia? Sorry if I sound dumb, I'm just quite confused by that.

cook gave it to Naomi who sold it to Sophia. I dunno why she took them though. I didn't really understand why Sophia killed herself or why Naomi cheated on Emily..she said she was scared or something...I think she just got bored,tbh.
i actually thought yesterdays episode was one of the best of this generation - the other two this series were ridculously disappointing!
jessyfantastic90
cook gave it to Naomi who sold it to Sophia. I dunno why she took them though. I didn't really understand why Sophia killed herself or why Naomi cheated on Emily..she said she was scared or something...I think she just got bored,tbh.

Oh, I thought it was something like that, thanks. So I guess Cook was protecting Naomi when he gave his confession to the police and didn't mention Naomi? I agree with you on the other two things. Maybe Sophia got depressed because she really wanted Naomi as her girlfriend, but Naomi was with Emily so she thought it couldn't happen? Or it could be that the drugs totally made her act so out of character that she did something outrageous and dangerous as a result. Also, Naomi was pretty dumb to cheat, maybe she was just bored, or experimenting further to confirm her sexuality or something?
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Oh, I thought it was something like that, thanks. So I guess Cook was protecting Naomi when he gave his confession to the police and didn't mention Naomi? I agree with you on the other two things. Maybe Sophia got depressed because she really wanted Naomi as her girlfriend, but Naomi was with Emily so she thought it couldn't happen? Or it could be that the drugs totally made her act so out of character that she did something outrageous and dangerous as a result. Also, Naomi was pretty dumb to cheat, maybe she was just bored, or experimenting further to confirm her sexuality or something?

you like skins aswell!? The next thing i no, you will like familly guy/american dad
ras90
you like skins aswell!? The next thing i no, you will like familly guy/american dad

Sorry, I actually really don't like those programmes :no:
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Sorry, I actually really don't like those programmes :no:

They're hilarious!
Reply 187
I like Family Guy.

Cook's behavior is still not justified. Yeah, his parents suck butt but he needs a wake up call. He deserves jail time because you can't just hit a random dude's face just due to your ex girlfriend liking somebody else. By the way, Effy is not worth fighting for. She changes her mind too much and she's an annoying character. Nothing is building up from her.
Reply 188
miranda-ae
i actually thought yesterdays episode was one of the best of this generation - the other two this series were ridculously disappointing!

I thought this, too! It's a rather bold statement, but I think it's relatively true. Also, first time I realised Cook could actually actually show a range of emotions. :eek: I've always liked the character, but there's never been any background information on him, so it was cool to finally see that. And who would have thought he came from a rich family? I sure never, and his little brother was full of 'aww'. So adorable... until he started swearing. :erm:

Naomi and Cook at the end was so nice to watch, although I kept fearing Emily would be watching through the window. :s-smilie:

Great episode!
One of the best episodes in Skins history, up there with the woods episode in series 3, the finale of series 1 and chris's death in series 2. Cook is one of the best characters ever made - so many levels and the acting of Jack is brilliant.

Good to see him take the blame for Naomi - i think he realised what he was when he saw his little brother swearing.
This episdoe was fantastic and enjoyed it lots :biggrin: one of the episodes ive been waiting for since the first 2 were a let down tbh, i mean come on starting with thomass :rolleyes:

Ive actually grown to like the character of Cook now, im not looking forward to next weeks episode because theres something about kate i dont like :colonhash:
Cook carries the show, the other "major" parts are just blah. The most boring bits of this ep were when Effy came to visit him. "I just came to tell you I love Freddie." Thanks, captain Obvious. Like we haven't heard that about a 1000 times already.
Shadowplay
Cook carries the show, the other "major" parts are just blah. The most boring bits of this ep were when Effy came to visit him. "I just came to tell you I love Freddie." Thanks, captain Obvious. Like we haven't heard that about a 1000 times already.

hahahahahahahahahahaa I know the others are pretty blah. I miss season 2!
Cyclone33
I like Family Guy.

Cook's behavior is still not justified. Yeah, his parents suck butt but he needs a wake up call. He deserves jail time because you can't just hit a random dude's face just due to your ex girlfriend liking somebody else. By the way, Effy is not worth fighting for. She changes her mind too much and she's an annoying character. Nothing is building up from her.

your right she's not that special. I wanted to hug cook when he was crying. You could really tell he was frustrated,
. By the way how did you hear about the show if your in america...I'm just curious.
Wow, everybody's saying Cook's episode was best? I honestly thought Naomi's was, they solved a lot of the mysteries from the first episode, with lots of shocking twists and turns, and those illustrations of Sophia's were really wonderful. Though, it was rubbish what Naomi did to Emily, hopefully they can resolve it later?
I agree with the Cook-is-the-best-character movement.

Great episode.
Reply 196
jessyfantastic90
your right she's not that special. I wanted to hug cook when he was crying. You could really tell he was frustrated,
. By the way how did you hear about the show if your in america...I'm just curious.

I first read about Skins from Perez Hilton, the gossip blogger. He has a little thing for young boys. It's disturbing actually. Then I read the show's description and started watching. I was surprised to see so much sex portrayed at first. When I started watching it, I had my volume up so I could understand what they're saying (I'm not mocking British accents. This was the first for me to see a British show so it was new to me. Even now sometimes I can't hear what Cook says. His accent is quite stronger than other actors) then boom sex scene. Moans and groans. :eek3: Had to turn the volume DOWN.
Reply 197
^ :rofl:

Yeah, quite a few Americans dig this show, just because it's so naughty! :ahee:

Although, I read somewhere US MTV want to do an American version which will be heavily censored... and will defeat the purpose of the show. :sigh:
amii_G
^ :rofl:

Yeah, quite a few Americans dig this show, just because it's so naughty! :ahee:

Although, I read somewhere US MTV want to do an American version which will be heavily censored... and will defeat the purpose of the show. :sigh:

I know, I've heard that. Is it only seen as naughty because of the sex between teens under 18? Cos I've seen shows from the US with lots of sex and nudity (ie True Blood), but then that has adults so I guess that's different?
Reply 199
CherryCherryBoomBoom
I know, I've heard that. Is it only seen as naughty because of the sex between teens under 18? Cos I've seen shows from the US with lots of sex and nudity (ie True Blood), but then that has adults so I guess that's different?

True Blood is aired on cable (subscribed paid channels). I don't have cable so I don't get to see uncensored shows like True Blood, which by the way is one of my favorite shows. I'm sure there are other American uncensored shows. Is Skins shown on free tv? Free-tv here doesn't portray actual sex.

It is seen as naughty because of just sex itself. The most we get out of a "sex scene" on free tv is two people making out intensively and taking their shirts off. Guys topless, girls with their bra and underwear on. We know where that leads to, right? :yes: Then it's cut to a scene when they go "hey, last night was awesome." or "we had sex";something that implies sex. Examples of that implication are Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Vampire Diaries, etc. Alot of free-tv show basically sensuality and that's it. In addition, profanity on free-TV has changed over the years. They are allowed to say d/ick, b/itch. If it's close to the f-word then the Federal something-that-controls-tv gets complaints. It's ridonkulous.

I don't like the idea of MTV creating the US version of Skins. Remaking anything is actually not good. Cough *movies* . Writers are running out of ideas so they gotta remodel an action figure toy into a movie like Transformers.

Btw, I encountered these:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending