The Student Room Group

Skins

Scroll to see replies

CherryCherryBoomBoom
:woo: My copy of the Skins novel just arrived today from Amazon. It's supposed to be the story of the gang in the summer holidays in between Series 3 and 4. I can't wait to start reading it :biggrin:.

I also found out that there is gonna be a 5th series and a third generation. That's gonna be interesting. I can't wait for the American Skins either :woo:

A 5th series with another generation? :confused: I hope they can pull it off, i'm thinking that if they use another generation for another two series it might run its course, like Shameless. I wonder if it will be Freddies sister and her friends? As Effy was Tony's sister.

Last nights episode was quite boring tbh, I fell asleep half way through so I don't know how it ended :rolleyes: Can't wait to see what happens with Effy though, and Emily and Naomi
I would go so far as to say that that was easily the best episode so far with the new generation of characters.
I really liked last nights episode, can't help but root for JJ :smile:

So far this series I've liked Cook's and Katie's episodes the best (and JJ's too now I think), which is odd because they were two characters I didn't particularly like before.

I can't imagine a 5th series with a new cast. I mean I do like this generation, but they really haven't been half as popular as the cast of series 1 and 2, so I don't see a third cast being received too well!
"we should of done it in b flat"
CherryCherryBoomBoom

I can't wait for the American Skins either :woo:

I'm actually really looking forward to this too. Jamie Brittain as been over in the US overlooking the shooting of the first episode. He says the cast is amazing and seems to be pretty positive about it. I think I trust his judgement.
Reply 245
JJ :love:

Not looking forward to next weeks episode if Effy's going to be heavily featured in it.
This was easily the best episode this series and probably the best of the entire generation! It was nice to see an episode not entirely based on sex and drugs for a change
Reply 247
Ok I've hardly seen any of the new generation at all..literally 3 or 4 episodes..gonna try and watch it all in one go sometime lol

But can someone answer this...why is Cook meant to be in jail?
morris743
Ok I've hardly seen any of the new generation at all..literally 3 or 4 episodes..gonna try and watch it all in one go sometime lol

But can someone answer this...why is Cook meant to be in jail?

He beat someone up
Reply 249
starryeyed.
He beat someone up

Thanks starryeyed :smile:

I will be going through Series 3 and 4 this week now! It's so addictive whenever I get into it again.
I just bought seasons 1 - 3 on box set! Wahoo!
Reply 251
sweetnesspink
I just bought seasons 1 - 3 on box set! Wahoo!

Enjoy :smile:
I've only recently gotten into Skins (I was watching Glee one night and saw it on E4s tv guide and decided to watch it, think it was Cook's episode), but I really like it. The storylines may not be the best but it's good to just kind of shut off from having to think about things and seeing people our age going through things people our age often do on TV.
Reply 253
I've finally caught up with the rest of series 4.

I think it's got better - the opening episode was really weak but it's picked up. Freddie/Effy's episode seemed kind of out of place and I didn't really like it so much. My favourite so far has been JJ's.

I think the problem with this generation of characters is you never see them all together as a group. They all seem very separate from each other and don't interact very much, whereas generation 1 were a real group of friends and they felt more connected and that made series 1 and 2 much more enjoyable.
Reply 254
Will anyone continue watching Skins after this season with the next bunch? I'm not sure after 4 seasons I can..!
morris743
Will anyone continue watching Skins after this season with the next bunch? I'm not sure after 4 seasons I can..!

I'll watch it out of curiosity if theres a new cast. But what more can they do for another series that hasn't already been done? :confused: As much as I love Skins, I think this should be the last series incase it gets dragged out too long.
Reply 256
starryeyed.
I'll watch it out of curiosity if theres a new cast. But what more can they do for another series that hasn't already been done? :confused: As much as I love Skins, I think this should be the last series incase it gets dragged out too long.

Guess it'll be for another generation of viewers to watch the same kind of stuff we did..sigh
US Skins cast:

I'm guessing (clockwise)... 1. Sid, 2. Jal, 3. Michelle, 4. Tony, 5. Chris, 6. Effy(?), 7. Anwar, 8. Cassie (?)

At least the rough archetypes of the characters seem to fit.
They look much more like normal teenagers than the british lot.
A is for Awesome
US Skins cast:

x

Thanks for posting that pic, it looks cool. Seriously, I really wait wait for that show to air. Just can't get enough of Skins in any shape or form :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest