The Student Room Group

Skins

Scroll to see replies

That was more painful than episode 1. I cringed so much especially when she stood up on that table "**** you, I won't do what you tell me!!!".

Rich is so..over the top. It just gets a bit too unrealistic. "I'M A METAL HEAD!!!" :\
Original post by tillytots
So ugh when is the drugs, sex and overly unrealistic partying coming in? :/

I never thought I'd miss it! :biggrin:
Reply 922
Am I the only one that got the urge to listen to the full 7 minute version of fear of the dark? :tongue:
Original post by tillytots
Oh ffs rich!

LOL, I know right?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this, but Skins seems rather dry this series. It's still fairly enjoyable, but lacks a certain special something that the other series had (except for parts of series 4, that was a bit of a mess too).

Meh, I'm still gonna keep on watching anyway, just because there's really nothing better on Thursday evenings.
It was a little mundane in comparison with other episodes, IMO
Reply 925
Tha episode was a true disappointment!

The writers could have played on the deaf thing for far longer and made it into a far more sophisticated plot. I admit the fusion of the deafness and the ballet was fairly beautiful. However the rest of the plot was two dimensional. I think the acting is pretty poor also. It is nice fusing different social groups but perhaps that I can't connect with any is not helping me enjoy the series so far. I will give it a bit more of a chance to get going.
NAPALM ****ING DEATH!!! This has restored may faith in Skins to an extent, I liked this episode; the acting was absolutely brilliant. Roll on next week. :smile:
Reply 927
i thought that episode was the worst episode of skins i have ever seen...
Original post by Nichrome
Damn rich bitch. Hopefully Grace will piss off and leave him the **** alone to concentrate his hatred. If he were to turn into some douchey indie kid that's been in ALL THE OTHER SERIES I'll stab my eyes out. :rock: :rock:

LOL, I don't think so :p:. Notice how at the moment all the main characters are sort of divided into two different friendship groups, and Grace seems to flit between the two? I reckon they're all gonna somehow become one big friendship group, like the other generations, and one way of them linking is with Grace and Rich getting together. I dunno, just a theory I came up with :beard:
Original post by Viperr
i thought that episode was the worst episode of skins i have ever seen...

Same here. I'm surprised so many people seem to be liking it.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
LOL, I don't think so :p:. Notice how at the moment all the main characters are sort of divided into two different friendship groups, and Grace seems to flit between the two? I reckon they're all gonna somehow become one big friendship group, like the other generations, and one way of them linking is with Grace and Rich getting together. I dunno, just a theory I came up with :beard:

Yeah that's almost certainly gonna happen. This series does seem very dry though (apart from Rich being awesomely funny) as other people have been saying. Who knows though it could get interesting....
Put me in the mood for some metal. Not as good as it used to be though, by any means. I miss Cook.
Reply 932
Hm, I liked it :smile: especially Rich :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
is it just me or does rich look like that york dude off university challenge?
All I can say, is what a load of bull ****. Bring back the old cast. This new cast don't have a clue!
Loved this episode, next episode looks like it could be alright too, grace and rich seem to be the only two characters with any depth so far. Its only the second episode and franky does my head in already, her character is just based on dressing like a bloke and harping on about being bullied.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom

Totally agree with this. But meh... I don't know why I just can't care!
I want the old cast back... :sad:
That was truly awful television.

Also cancer bats aren't metal.
IT'S QUITE LITERALLY TERRIBLE BUT I CAN'T STOP WATCHING. Like when people see some horrid event unfolding before their eyes but their morbid curiosity means that they can't look away.
Original post by diamonddust
If you said 'the first generation' I'd agree with you. Second generation were good character-wise but completely unbelievable.

Rich seems like a sweetheart though, he reminds me of Tamwar from EE in that awkward way he has...
The whole him being a metal head thing though... :lolwut:
Do metal heads watch Skins??

Aw Grace! She's so sweet!
What's up with Mini's accent?

I'm a goth and I watch Skins... and I have plenty of metal head friends who watch it. :smile:
I hate Mini already. I can not stand her character at all.

Quick Reply

Latest