The Student Room Group

Skins

Scroll to see replies

Some parts of that episode were so embarrassing to watch.

Getting up and dad-dancing to Drowning Pool in the morning, and having everyone in the pub come over and cheer me on when I get on the table singing RATM. Happens all the time, yeah.
Original post by oodlesofpoodles
Loved this episode, next episode looks like it could be alright too, grace and rich seem to be the only two characters with any depth so far. Its only the second episode and franky does my head in already, her character is just based on dressing like a bloke and harping on about being bullied.

Yeah, I kinda agree with you here. Before the start of the series, Franky had seemed to be hyped up into some really interesting character. But from what we've seen of her so far, she just seems to be a troubled and really weird character. I don't really know what to make of her, she's just a bit, meh. Still, it's early days, all the other characters could well have some depth too, but we just haven't seen it yet.

And Matty, I don't recall seeing him at all last episode. Does he perhaps not go to their college, since he hasn't been seen there? Hmmm, I'm interested to know more about him.

Original post by diamonddust
Totally agree with this. But meh... I don't know why I just can't care!
I want the old cast back... :sad:

I reckon a spin-off series of the generation one cast could be awesome. Maybe just show what they're up to after college, as they all went their separate ways and left on a few cliffhangers. Though, there is the chance that that could turn out to be a disappointment...

If the whole of generation 3's series are not half as good as the other ones, I think they should probably just end Skins after this lot. It's no good dragging out a once brilliant show until it declines in quality and becomes something mediocre.
Original post by diamonddust

What's up with Mini's accent?

I think it sounds kinda like the Bristol accent, but a bit weird maybe? I remember Sid had the Bristol accent, but his wasn't as weird, and the actor is actually from there anyway. Maybe Mini's is a fake accent and she's not doing it properly? :dontknow:
I just decided to watch a random episode of series 1 to compare, and jesus, the first 3 minutes of this episode is better than all of the terrible new series so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66l0tDLhWpc&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dskins%2Bseries%2B1%26aq%3Df&has_verified=1

Everyone who thinks the new series is good should watch this, its witty, realistic, doesnt rely on stupid stereotypes, lame school feuds and half baked "deepness. The characters also have 100 fold more depth rather than just "hur durr im a metalhead". Skins has gone down the ****ter.
Reply 944
Original post by Viperr
i thought that episode was the worst episode of skins i have ever seen...

Same, last straw after Freddie getting killed by a psychiatrist and last weeks **** fest, won't be watching this show again
Reply 945
Have to say, skins is really annoying me now, its still as crap as ever and yet I still feel like I have to watch it every week, no idea why :angry:
last night's episode was awful.
I enjoyed last nights episode. I suppose in a way, Rich was far more of a normal person than most characters have been...well normal in the context of a metal head.
I think next weeks will be rubbish though, I would hate for it to turn out that mini is some kind of troubled soul. meh.
Looking forward to Alo's episode though.
That ultimate par / insult on Richs' soul by the angel of death was just classic skins, I can't remember all of it but... wow
I haven't watched the second episode yet and yet I feel compelled to. The first episode was absolute crap and the second one sounds about a million times worse and yet I still feel as if I have to watch it.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

:sigh:
I'm enjoying it so far. Franky makes me laugh with the way she just appears and makes unusual comments such as the Rain Man one from last night. I have a feeling one of them will leave at the end of this series for some reason, my money's on Matty.

I hope Alo's episode makes me like him more.
Reply 951
I'm actually liking the new plot lines but the acting in episode 2 wasn't great. The actor playing Grace went from being a really likeable character to being fake as hell.
Reply 952
I never thought Grace was attractive but she looked bare fit in her metal clothes! :biggrin:
Reply 953
S1 was so good, it gives people an incredible amount of faith in the series.
Reply 954
I liked the first 2 generations more, but this one's still worth watching imo.
Reply 955
I guess Cook died in the last episode of Series 4 because Skins certainly has so far. It is definitely in need of a revival.

Have to agree strongly here with some of the comments.

Grace - seems to be the link between the chavette and the other group (Metalhead, friend and Franky). << Please always spell it like this as spelling it like Frankie would make me think of series 3 and 4 and make me severely depressed.

Metalhead (Rich) - seems strange as a character to be fair - not in that hes a metal head but at one point in one episode he was so much FOR being a metal head and then suddenly opened up and changed without too much to make it happen. Him changing as a person and opening up should have happened over a number of episodes rather than in one single episode as it seems very false, just as it was with Grace but not to such an extent. Grace seemed more open to start so the thought of her dressing as a Metal Head to get to know him and understand him really wasn't as bad as his sudden change.

Alo - seems the most genuine so far to me - wants to pop his cherry by any means and is trying to change his mates ways - also comes out with the typical teenage slurs of calling Rich 'gay' to wind him up which happens so much in real life as banter.

I think at the moment, as we've only seen 2 episodes, the characters do not seem as complex as what has gone before them but then again, some people could go through the whole of series 3 and 4 and still not understand Effy as she was so complicated it was beyond belief.

Its not as bad as it could have been and obviously time will tell whether this series will get better. After the first episode with Franky and the gun stand off plus the random guy who turned up, I think thats going to come back into play possibly in Series 6. Its usually in the 2nd series of a generation that takes the darker turn.

To me this is series may be good but I don't think it'll be as great as I though the 2nd generation and the 1st generation were. After seeing the characters so far in series 5 I am very happy that the film is being based mainly on the 2nd gen of characters.

I highly expect more complicated characters to come into it in the next few episodes.
Original post by lukejoshjedi
That ultimate par / insult on Richs' soul by the angel of death was just classic skins, I can't remember all of it but... wow

LOL, that bit when Rich was asking her out the second time was so weird. The way she just stared at him for ages without saying anything, it really got me thinking that she was deaf or something. And then she finally opens her mouth and comes out with all the nonsensical insulting :lolwut:

I heard a rumour online that Nick is gonna cheat on Mini with Liv, and after seeing this latest preview, it hints that that may well be on the cards :holmes:
Reply 957
Original post by Doughnuts!!
I haven't watched the second episode yet and yet I feel compelled to. The first episode was absolute crap and the second one sounds about a million times worse and yet I still feel as if I have to watch it.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

:sigh:

I feel that way too. Although I'm a sucker for crap TV, I still watch programmes that annoy me just to find out what happens. xD
Guess I'm alone in thinking that that wasn't as bad as episode 1 then - that's to say it wasn't total crap, just crap. Lack of Mini was one of the few redeeming feature (her week looks horrifically awful) and Alo is quite funny. The Killing in the Name Of bit made we want to die though, one of the cringiest things I've ever seen :no:
Was the way he went deaf meant to be hilarious? It was so bizarre.

Quick Reply