The Student Room Group

Skins

Scroll to see replies

I'm probably on my own here but i actually quite like this series so far and prefer these characters to the second generation where I felt the story lines were so over the top and it became ridiculous. I think I've also got a bit of a crush in Rich. :mmm:
Rich has got nice teeth :colone:
Original post by fallen angel9
I'm probably on my own here but i actually quite like this series so far and prefer these characters to the second generation where I felt the story lines were so over the top and it became ridiculous. I think I've also got a bit of a crush in Rich. :mmm:

I quite like it too, better than killing people with baseball bats.

However, I must say that their representation of a metal head was horrific!
Reply 963
Original post by fallen angel9

:five: For our pleasure :sexface:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by F.I

Spoiler

He's so good looking with his short hair :coma: I wish they would make him cut his hair in the series and turn him into some cute indie kid :colondollar:

Not a big fan of the series though...
Reply 965
[QUOTE='[Shadowplay];29755634']He's so good looking with his short hair :coma: I wish they would make him cut his hair in the series and turn him into some cute indie kid :colondollar:

Not a big fan of the series though...

I know! I doubt that will happen :frown:

And his accent, love it!

I quite like this series, but then again its my first time watching skins :teeth:
Reply 966
I stopped watching when the girl jumped on table singing.
The storyline was absolute crap and extremely contrived. The first half was based around - "I need help talking to girls". The random metal was cringing. :/
I don't even know their names :s-smilie:

I quite sure this will be the last series of Skins.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 967
Original post by Doughnuts!!
I haven't watched the second episode yet and yet I feel compelled to. The first episode was absolute crap and the second one sounds about a million times worse and yet I still feel as if I have to watch it.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

:sigh:

I was like you but the second episode exceeded my threshold for **** tv.
Don't really like the new season so far. Why can't they just bring back the 1st generation, see what they have been up to.
I actually quite enjoyed it for all its flaws; whereas the problems with the first few series used to make me unreasonably angry. Cringey moments occurred a bit too often though, but overall it didn't feel like I was constantly being pressured to think 'OMG YOU'RE ALL SUCH COOL KIDS!' which the last ones did.

Was worried initially, first because I nearly bought Franky's white shoes years ago and then because I actually own a Frankie Says Relax t-shirt, and it was like 'please don't taint everything I own and love!', but it got alright then. I agree with the earlier posts about Mean Girls too (that said; one time Mini punched me in the face- it was awesome!)

Aha met someone on Friday night and as soon as he said he was from Bristol he was like 'I HATE SKINS! WE'RE NOT ALL LIKE THAT' and then later on to someone else he was like 'ARGH SKINS oh I was an extra in that'.

Grace is adorable though, and so beautiful.
Reply 970
The majority of the cast this year are TERRIBLE actors... notably the 'metal' kid (inconsistency in his music taste.. one minute Trivium, the next Mayhem? I bet fans of the latter are insulted), the Bristolian barbie and her boyfriend. I only like the ballerina because I want to wrap her in a blanket.
Original post by F.I

Spoiler

OMG he's actually quite good looking! What's that about? :tongue:
Original post by appleseed
The majority of the cast this year are TERRIBLE actors... notably the 'metal' kid (inconsistency in his music taste.. one minute Trivium, the next Mayhem? I bet fans of the latter are insulted), the Bristolian barbie and her boyfriend. I only like the ballerina because I want to wrap her in a blanket.

Bristolian barbie, I like that!
Yeah, Grace is adorable and she's so pretty it actually hurts. :tongue:
Reply 973
I still can't fathom as to why only Mini has a real Bristolian accent and perhaps the ginger kid too - casting error....
I still can't fathom as to why only Mini has a real Bristolian accent and perhaps the ginger kid too - casting error....

Mini's Scottish though :confused:
Reply 975

Its the same in most genre's though and you do get people like it.

Look how many people like Eminem and Nas and also listen to rubbish like Soulja Boy. It happens :smile:

It was probably done intentionally in Rich's case as he wasn't as much a Metal Head as he likes to think. I think he'll change later on and possibly ditch the whole image. Could be where his short hair comes into play when he changes.

The two best parts so far are both from Rich mind. When he said something about body popping to Lil Wayne and when he called the guy in a music store a sellout for reading a womans magazine :rofl:

I really don't like Franky to be honest. She is too farfetched and seems more complicated than Effy, who was bad enough. Honestly, tell me one teenage girl you know who carries a gun, gets approached by a random stranger who confronts her and then wanders off and then decides to stick it in a letter box? This is Skins where going slightly far fetched is acceptable but that was just too far. I hope its a link to something further down the line where someone may get killed or whatever and she gets the blame as her prints are on the gun. Before someone says ' no one should die ', someone always dies in Skins so its 100% guaranteed to happen in series 5 or 6.
Reply 976
going downhill... pity, its going to waste some good work by Dakota Blue Richards as Frankie - she belongs in series 1! Although I had to laugh when she said 'you've never worn make up!' when she's plastered in face whitening goods to ide her pinkie cheeks lol. SHes a wee bit over the top, true, but then the seires has to go in some direction to top the previous series, else it would just become boring.

its still well put together, but am i right in thinking that the squad seem to be getting younger in mind each year? the first gen weere gagging to be adults and wreck mayhem, the next gen seemed tamer and more like 15 year olds (falling in irrational love, running around in panic, being thoughtless and unable to connect with adults), and this gen is an even younger mind set.

its not the same. i think the only thing that will save this series is if Frankie goes bonkers in the last episode and guns down everyone at school on the last day of term.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah in the first series the characters werent portrayed as completely retarded children. And yeah i hope franky does gun down the whole school and ends this series once and for all cause it'll never recover now.
Original post by Gizmo!
going downhill... pity, its going to waste some good work by Dakota Blue Richards as Frankie - she belongs in series 1! Although I had to laugh when she said 'you've never worn make up!' when she's plastered in face whitening goods to ide her pinkie cheeks lol. SHes a wee bit over the top, true, but then the seires has to go in some direction to top the previous series, else it would just become boring.

its still well put together, but am i right in thinking that the squad seem to be getting younger in mind each year? the first gen weere gagging to be adults and wreck mayhem, the next gen seemed tamer and more like 15 year olds (falling in irrational love, running around in panic, being thoughtless and unable to connect with adults), and this gen is an even younger mind set.

its not the same. i think the only thing that will save this series is if Frankie goes bonkers in the last episode and guns down everyone at school on the last day of term.

This! Totally agree with this whole post, especially the bits I bolded. The first generation were the most mature, which is saying something! :tongue:
Don't think Frankie belongs in series 1 tbh, I really don't rate her character. Dakota Blue Richards is pretty good though! Can't believe that's wee Lyra! :tongue:
Reply 979
I was going to take a stand because the last 2 seasons were crap but as soon as I saw the 1st ep I knew I'd end up watching the series.
The music blasting out every few minutes in the last episode really got annoying though.

Quick Reply

Latest