The Student Room Group

Need urgent medicine/uni help ..any help appreciated !

Basically, i want to apply to uni and do med, but not in London.

Thats pretty much a simple verison of the situation but from what i hav been told, and researched which i have tried to do , but in terms of stats and figures ive been told mean little ?

I had left it too late and most open days were fully booked so now im left without any real guidance and because of the protests in london, could not attend the ucas confernce either and am now completly lost.

Could you please just tell me what unis are good for med out of london or any acutal info is appreciated, and i know i got ymself into this situation but i was too occupied with exams and now need to know if i need to book certain tests and etc

Thanks!
Reply 1
Well you don't want London, so if you want to go to Oxford/Cambridge, you'll need to do the BMAT, but you don't need to book that til the start of the next academic year.

Most places need the UKCAT (list on their website) and you can do that over the summer or at the start of September.
student1102

Could you please just tell me what unis are good for med out of london

All of them.

All of them are a very good standard and monitored. They educate people who'll deal with peoples lives in just a few years so they aren't going to be poor or inadequate.

What you really should ask is which learning style do you think you'll prefer (PBL/Problem Based learning or something more traditional?) and if you're bothered about location (anything outside London will do).

Hopefully, once this has been moved to the medicine forum, the medics will give you advice about teaching styles and such like.
Reply 3
Garden_Gnome
All of them.

All of them are a very good standard and monitored. They educate people who'll deal with peoples lives in just a few years so they aren't going to be poor or inadequate.

What you really should ask is which learning style do you think you'll prefer (PBL/Problem Based learning or something more traditional?) and if you're bothered about location (anything outside London will do).

Hopefully, once this has been moved to the medicine forum, the medics will give you advice about teaching styles and such like.

:yep: defintely this. look for what suits you in terms of course, and city.
Look at prospectuses or on here. I didn't go to open days or ucas conferences and I still coped.
google medschoolsonline, it has loads of useful info on all the medical schools and the requirements. and as others have said - all the med schools are good, choose a course based on where you want to live, the type of course, etc.

:smile:
Reply 6
Have a look at the pink FAQ at the top of the forum. Lots of info about applying to medicine and the requirements in there as well as some of the things you should think about when deciding where to apply.

Latest

Trending

Trending