The Student Room Group

working at World Duty Free

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SaimZz
Hi,
Im looking to apply for the part time vacancy, and on their website, I saw the part time hours are from 4-9 and 5-10. For those who work there..i just want to know how they are with flexibility because i go to uni monday - friday. are the shift patterns ok for a students need?

They're really good with working shifts around your availability, but if those are the advertised hours you will be expected to do those ones, I'd assume so anyway.
Reply 21
Original post by bex285
I'd hardly worked in retail before WDF and I got the job, don't panic!
I never got a role play scenario, just a one-to-one interview, and it was fine! My interviewer had my CV in front of her and she just asked about my previous jobs, times I'd worked in retail, what attracted me to WDF etc. She also asked about a time I'd had to deal with change in the workplace and how I coped with that.
Good luck :smile:

what kind of questions do they ask in the interview?I have a face to face on on thurs quite nervous!
im bit iffy about the role play.
Reply 22
Original post by ashimz
what kind of questions do they ask in the interview?I have a face to face on on thurs quite nervous!
im bit iffy about the role play.

Sorry, just saw this so you'll have done it already! How did it go? I didn't get a role play in mine!
Reply 23
Original post by bex285
Sorry, just saw this so you'll have done it already! How did it go? I didn't get a role play in mine!

lol yeh i got my call yesterday and I had got the job but i said no cz its only three day job i wanted full time!!
loved the role play was easy!
thanks anyway
Reply 24
Original post by ashimz
lol yeh i got my call yesterday and I had got the job but i said no cz its only three day job i wanted full time!!
loved the role play was easy!
thanks anyway

Please tell me you're kidding?! :eek: there is so much overtime available you could do full time hours no bother! I'm on a 20 hour contract and I've worked every day this week! :eek:
Reply 25
Hi all I just applied at WDF manchester last night, how long do they take to get in touch?
Reply 26
Original post by bex285
Please tell me you're kidding?! :eek: there is so much overtime available you could do full time hours no bother! I'm on a 20 hour contract and I've worked every day this week! :eek:

the woman that interviewed me over the phone was quite nice so il tell her if theres any full time vacancies anywhere to let me knw, this was in Manchester and the day they interviewed me they interviewed lots of ppl even the day before so i guess there wont be overtime!!
Reply 27
Original post by alizee365
Hi all I just applied at WDF manchester last night, how long do they take to get in touch?

i applied online and they were in touch the next day!!good luck!!
Reply 28
hi, i am just wondering does anyone know whether they ask for references/make contact with references, before or after they have offered you the job?

they said they will let me know within 48 hours, soooo nervous, do they tell you even if you havent been successful??
xxx
Reply 29
hour many hours a week at wdf do you work if your full time? thanks
I have a face to face interview tomorrow having passed the phone interview.
and have two individual role plays and one group role play. really nice.
any help would be useful :smile: thanks
Reply 31
Hi I had my interview yesterday and they have called me today and told me that i was successful. the lady also tole me the hours and the days that i will work. she also told me i should receive a letter and an email did anyone went through the same process as mine?
Reply 32
Original post by asarwer
hello , i am also apply at world duty free shop and received a text msg to call them.

can u guide me whts happening next. what type of interview question they asked.

i think you have attend their interview.
thanks for your help

Hi there!

I have a big problem, maybe somebody will be able to help me here?? I applied to work for world duty free at gatwick airport , I got a txt message of them, but is some error in a message and I am not able to see what number should I ring! I just able to see the first part of the msg. I tried to ring the number, where the txt is coming from, but is invalid, which means its just a number to sent txts, not number to ring and talk to them! Does anybody here know the recruitment number, where I could ring and explain the situation! I really want to work for them , I am looking for a job for6 months and I really want to go for this interview... Please!!! Can anybody help me here, I would really apreciate..
Reply 33
Hi all, am thinking of applying at world duty free at Heathrow airport. Do you have to be available to work early's and lates or are they quite flexible? Are you able to swop shifts with colleagues etc? And can anyone please tell me whatbtheyvpay? All help greatly aprreciated. Have to ask these questions as an mature student with kids to support and childcare to arrange! Thanks again.
Reply 34
hey
I've just got job with duty free but also a few other offers and I'm trying to figure out which job will pay the best. I've heard world duty free pay some commission. can anybody tell me what the commission is like? how much on average? how does it work?
thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by mefista
hey
I've just got job with duty free but also a few other offers and I'm trying to figure out which job will pay the best. I've heard world duty free pay some commission. can anybody tell me what the commission is like? how much on average? how does it work?
thanks a lot :smile:

Hi there! Congrulations on securing your job with World Duty Free. May I ask you which airport you applied for please? When did you apply and how long it took them to contact you? I applied almost 2 weeks ago for Manchester and I am still waiting to hear from them even if I didn't get it they should let me know... Thanks for your help!:smile:
Reply 36
What are the staff benefits at WDF?
Hello I know this post is from a while back but I had my interview on 19th March. It's been nearly two weeks. That's how long they said to wait for a reply. Haven't heard nothing yet. A few I my friends who work at heathrow said to wait just after two weeks (so wait till Thursday) and then call them to ask about the interview

Also I served a lady at my current job who works at heathrow atm. Who said I would of found out by now if I hadn't of gotten it. "No news is good news" she said.

Help x
Amanda
Original post by Jobseeker1
Hi there! Congrulations on securing your job with World Duty Free. May I ask you which airport you applied for please? When did you apply and how long it took them to contact you? I applied almost 2 weeks ago for Manchester and I am still waiting to hear from them even if I didn't get it they should let me know... Thanks for your help!:smile:

Hey there
Did u get the job in the end? I had my interview 19th March. It would be two weeks this coming Wednesday . And I haven't heard nothing yet. Look at my other post for all the other info.
Amanda x
I have interview tomorrow at Gatwick tomorrow, stressing a lot as I don't have a lot retail experience and I really want this job that's why I am here!
Any pointers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending