The Student Room Group

Please help, hist a2!!!!!!!!!

I know this task might seem easy to people, but i find noting and consolidating information extemely difficult!!
i know you cant be specific to the modules i am doing, but when you are given an essay, and you have several sources eg. textbooks and internet
how do you decide what is relevant (as i always think i have to include everything) and to sort things into factors..

what i am finding very difficult aswell is when you are given a factor such as economic social, moral
and asked is this the most important factor, i find that i am staring at the question for at least half an hour trying to figure out what economic actually means and what factors goes under what theme..
any help will be apprecitated as i am a stressed out historian, how to i become more time efficient??
I hate the economy questions! I've been told to define it, i.e. the economy in Russia consisted of only agriculture at the beginning of the period, but by the end this had changed largely to industry and in particular heavy industry. Apparently, a defining introduction sets you on the right path, but try to an economist too, they might be able to help on that point.
Reply 2
when asked if something is the most important factor, I usually spend a third of the essay arguing that this is an important factor but also pointing out why it might not be so important. then for the other 2/3 of the essay I write about what other factors could be more important, cocluding each paragraph by saying 'so this is a more/less important factor than ...(whatever you spent the 1/3 of essay on)'. Then in the conclusion you can bring it all together and pretty often you'll find yourself saying: 'Yes I agree that x was the most important factor but we must also consider other factors like y and z because they had their roles too - it wasn't just x'.

Latest

Trending

Trending