The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

postgrad and accomodation

Hey all,

I've read *ALL* the accomodation threads...but I STILL need some help!! :confused:
I'm an overseas student and realize that priority is given to undergrads and overseas postgrads, so I feel pressured to pick the right places! Most of the halls say "for postgraduates and undergraduates", but does it really make any difference? (no offense to either group!!) If so, are there any recommended halls for postgraduates (besides Lillian penson)?

Top three things that are important to me are:
-distance (for convenience and travel expenses)
-en suite single
-internet/wireless

my choices so far are:
1. Stamford Street
2. Great Dover
3. International Hall
4. Nutford
5. Connaught
6. Lillian Penson
7. Canterbury
8. commonwealth
9. Wolfson
10. Hamstead
11. Kings College Hall
12. Rectory

any suggestions? I have no clue how far the IC halls would be by bus/tube to waterloo. Plus...i have no idea how the areas are, but from what I gather, IC halls are central, fun, more social, and nice places around?
Reply 1
undergrads are given a higher chance of getting an apartment like you said and thats the main difference, i duno what the score is with oversease grads and whether or not they can stay in the same place as undergrads :| but i got great dover (coz its close to the swimming pool) then stamford :biggrin: so w00t *waves*
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Same problem here,
The prices of the most suitable postgrad halls scare me and private flatshare looks like a good alternative.
Given the fact that my program lasts more than 42 weeks, Lillian Penson hall would be the only place possible.
Any recent international postgrads on here who have experience with private flatshare?

Latest