The Student Room Group

Is it Half Empty, or Half Full?

As the title implies....

Is it Half Empty, or Half Full?

Oh and please don't give stupid remarks. As everyone has a different opion/answer to it. I have mine, but I wish to see others first before stating mine :smile:

I want your opion on how you see it to be!
I know it can be classified as both. Jeez people, use your brains!!!!
All I want is peoples opinions on it. -_-
How you will generally see any drink - half empty of half full? And why?
Thank you!

Edit: Seems like there are a lot of simplemind people on TSR that hardly use their brains xD

Scroll to see replies

The question is: How good is the drink?
Reply 2
Obviously both.

/thread.
Reply 3
It can be classified as both.

Dun-dun-duh! Realism!
Reply 4
anisha.doshi
The question is: How good is the drink?

Lool, that's a unexpected reply. Hmmmm, really good. My favourite, J2O, Orange & Passionfruit?

Or doesn't that float your boat?
Reply 5
half empty! and want to fill it with bacardi!
Either way, it's not good enough.
Reply 7
Jiktori
It can be classified as both.

Dun-dun-duh! Realism!

That's not what I want. I want YOUR opinion, of how you see it as. I'm aware it can be classified as both.

Yare yare!!

Deano-101
Obviously both.

/thread.

Who's given you the right to ask for my thread to be closed? It seems like you failed to answer to my question.

Then again, I didn't include something vital. :P
MrStick
Lool, that's a unexpected reply. Hmmmm, really good. My favourite, J2O, Orange & Passionfruit?

Or doesn't that float your boat?

yuck! If it was J20 - it would be half full (looking on the downside) but half empty (looking on the bright side)

^ See what I did there? (By switching it around :p: )
Reply 9
MrStick
That's not what I want. I want YOUR opinion, of how you see it as. I'm aware it can be classified as both.

Yare yare!!

It is my opinion that it can be classified as both. Happy?
Reply 10
anisha.doshi
yuck! If it was J20 - it would be half full (looking on the downside) but half empty (looking on the bright side)

^ See what I did there? (By switching it around :p: )

Lool. Seems like not everyone loves J2O.

Hey! That's cheating!! I want 1 answer!!! How you will generally see any drink - half empty of half full? And why?
always half empty for me
Reply 12
If it has been half emptied, it's half empty
If it had been half filled, it's half full
What context to use depends on what has actually happened in my opinion
Reply 13
MrStick

Who's given you the right to ask for my thread to be closed? It seems like you failed to answer to my question.

Then again, I didn't include something vital. :P

Lol I don't literally want to close the thread. It's a light-hearted expression.

I answered it, my opinion is it is both half full and half empty.

To anaylse that - I am both optimistic and pessimistic, depends on the situation.
Reply 14
Jiktori
It is my opinion that it can be classified as both. Happy?

To me that doesn't seem like your opinion. You just stated the fact it 'can' be classified as both.

I would've have replied as such if you said 'I see it to be both' or something along the lines.

For me personally, it depends if it was poured half way, or poured full and then half of it was drank.

For the first it'll be half full. And for the latter, it'll be half empty.
That's my opinion.
MrStick
Lool. Seems like not everyone loves J2O.

Hey! That's cheating!! I want 1 answer!!! How you will generally see any drink - half empty of half full? And why?

okay okay, erm..............half full. Not really because of a philosophical reason, but mainly because it's hard to ignore if there is a drink inside and-

haha kidding - but yeah, half full :smile: Whatever the situation. (e.g. I would say 'my glass is only half full!' - even if it was half empty. d'ya get what I mean?)
Neither, it's twice as big as it needs to be.
Boring
It all depends on your frame of mind when considering this debate.
Reply 19
Deano-101
Lol I don't literally want to close the thread. It's a light-hearted expression.

I answered it, my opinion is it is both half full and half empty.

To anaylse that - I am both optimistic and pessimistic, depends on the situation.

Aaah I see. Sorry, don't know much about 'light-hearted expressions' on here :P. Rarely do threads like this.

But like wise, I was waiting for a person to use those words :smile:
Atleast someone uses their brain full and into a different context :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest