The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I feeel the same. I plan to find a job!
Reply 21
I woke up this morning thinking I was late for college before I realised I never have to go back!

I quit my job 3 weeks ago so I don't even have work to fill the time, all I do is sit on the sofa either on my laptop or reading. Applied for loads of jobs but I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

The only plans I've got for the summer are a massive drinking sesh today, then Leeds Festival. I can't cope with 10 weeks of nothing!
Reply 22
banannah
I woke up this morning thinking I was late for college before I realised I never have to go back!

I quit my job 3 weeks ago so I don't even have work to fill the time, all I do is sit on the sofa either on my laptop or reading. Applied for loads of jobs but I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

The only plans I've got for the summer are a massive drinking sesh today, then Leeds Festival. I can't cope with 10 weeks of nothing!

I'm going to leeds fest too :biggrin:
... but it's ages away... :frown:
I know what you mean. My exam was in the afternoon yesterday, and then I was out at a school event all last night, so it is only now that it has hit me. I know how bad this actually sounds...but I'd like another exam, just so that I have something to do. I might have been a little stressed with all my exams, but at least I felt useful. I mean I have a job, but there isn't so many extra shifts they can give me, so I have nothing to do. I am planning on doing a little reading....I can see this being a long, long summer.
Reply 24
I'm savouring this time while it lasts.
Saro_656
Well most people have finished their A level exams now, i finished mine yesterday morning, i woke up this morning after a bit of a party last night and i just feel as if there's this massive vaccuum now that i don't have to revise or do anything else really...
Anyone else in the same boat or are you all still on the post-final exam elation?

I feel exactly the same, but with a killer hangover from last night :frown:
I've really got to try and find a job soon as, otherwise I'll just become one of those daytime TV bums :eek:
Not so much a void. Not when there's panic till results day about.

So the idea is to have some fun to forget about the worry :smile:
Heir-Head
I don't really know what to do with myself.

This.
No, well, apart from my fridge. :sad:
Reply 29
!MEna
I feel like I should be revising!

Haha this! It's not good, either; my brain's still in automatic revision mode, so all the stuff I've learnt over the last few weeks just keeps repeating itself (especially all those pointless English quotations)... Arghhh leave me alone! :o: I actually feel a sense of revulsion when I look at the piles of books on my floor, too; I just can't imagine reading something for enjoyment any more...
Anyway, I'm sure the void'll come, but it's not arrived yet!
Donnchadh
Haha this! It's not good, either; my brain's still in automatic revision mode, so all the stuff I've learnt over the last few weeks just keeps repeating itself (especially all those pointless English quotations)... Arghhh leave me alone! :o: I actually feel a sense of revulsion when I look at the piles of books on my floor, too; I just can't imagine reading something for enjoyment any more...
Anyway, I'm sure the void'll come, but it's not arrived yet!

I feel quite sad when I look at my books on the floor. I plan to give most of my textbooks to charity...but I'm keeping all my notes and some textbooks :redface:. My brain still remembers loads from the exams and is in revision mode.

I'm going to Spain in a week, so this will keep my mind off things for a while, I may learn a little Spanish so I feel useful and don't appear ignorant :h:
Yeah I feel like this. I've returned all my text books and cleared out my room of past papers, practise essays and general revision clutter. Now I think I'll be lounging around for a week. :p:

But I do have a plan for the coming summer. I'm currently looking for a job (not having much luck though!) to earn some extra money.

I was also thinking of learning to drive, improving my French, and then lazing around some more lol.
Reply 32
me too my first free day an im already bored! i actually miss revision cus it gave me a point to the day! XD i dont know what to do apart from find a job which is probably gonna be reely hard at the moment! :frown:
I find it really strange posting on here without thinking "Ishouldberevisingishouldberevisingishouldberevising"...
Reply 34
I've got a massive void. I mean what there were 16 weeks when I finished my last exam in May 2007 for my GCSE's before I started Sixth Form. I had a little void then, but I knew I was going back to school.

But now what do I have? No school. The only day I work is Saturday. Well that's the only lifeguard shift I do. I do teach on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Out of 168 hours in a week I work for about 14 of them. That leaves me with 154 hours to do not a lot. Lucky for me there is a full time job going in September. Going to try for that.

And im sure I can find a lot more shifts when I get back from Greece start of next month. Just to fill the void a bit.

Until then maybe a movie marathon?? (Yes I know that's sad)
Saw Quindrilogy (that even a word?)
Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy
Back to the Future Trilogy
Indiana Jones (only Raiders of Lost Ark and Last Crusade - other two are crap)

Any more suggestions would be well taken.
Reply 35
After my AEA im going to be going through this i bet xD
How are you guys going to cope when you retire, lol?! You'll end up topping yourselves! Make the most of your freedom while it lasts :smile:
Reply 37
LOL...yup enjoy the freedom...:biggrin: i'm replacing the void with learning how to drive!!...ooohh funnnn....couf couf...
Reply 38
I know what you mean!

I am, of course, completely appreciative of the fact that the exams are over, but now I just feel like I'm being lazy because I'm not doing anything. I have a job, but it's only 10 hours a week, and they aren't for giving any extra time, so nothing there, and not many places are hiring nearby at all! I'd go out with my friends, but one of them is still in college as she's a year 12, so of course, we all want to go out together, so that only leaves the evenings for now, especially since one of them works on Saturdays too.

I can go walking, but there is only so much walking you can do in a day, much the same with reading and going on the laptop. I find that I'm cleaning pointlessly, just as a means of having something to do!

It's terrible really because I wanted this time off, but already I'm a little bit bored :eek:
Reply 39
Azzer

Until then maybe a movie marathon?? (Yes I know that's sad)
Saw Quindrilogy (that even a word?)
Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy
Back to the Future Trilogy
Indiana Jones (only Raiders of Lost Ark and Last Crusade - other two are crap)

Any more suggestions would be well taken.

I'm going for movie marathons/box sets too. I've done all of yours not long ago, besides the Saws though. In my film collection, I have:

Films:
Harry Potters
Lord of the Rings
Spiderman
X-Men
Sister Acts
Shrek
Father of the Brides
3 Men and a Baby/3 Men and a Little Lady
Wallace and Gromits
Massive Arnie collection haha! - including the Terminators
Jaws
Police Academy

Boxsets:
Diagnosis Murder (yay!)
Pushing Daisies
Heroes
Lost

There's probably more...I have a lot of DVDs! Unfortunately, I've seen them all recently anyway in my last void! Ah well...I'm still happy to be off :smile:

Latest