The Student Room Group

What A levels for Journalism?

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone else noticed that this thread was answered in 2009 and she's already probably at university by now, haha :rolleyes:
Reply 21
I wanna go into criminal journalism, and thinking of taking a levels English lit, history and psychology. Would that be the best selection? Dunno whether to do law as well
Reply 22
Original post by guitar_gal
Basically I think I'd like to do Journalism at university.

I'm not sure what to study at A level, and then which university to go to.

Predicted GCSEs

5A*
4A
1B

Subjects I would recommend are things like: A level English Literature, Media studies, Sociology, Politics, History etc. Subjects that require a lot of analysis like that would fit well into journalism. A Russell group university for Journalism is 'Sheffield University Department of Journalism Studies'.

One thing that I would recommend is perhaps doing an English BA (undergrad) so that your options are not limited to journalism and then do a Journalism postgrad because you can still become a journalist this way.
Reply 23
Original post by Wubaduck
I wanna go into criminal journalism, and thinking of taking a levels English lit, history and psychology. Would that be the best selection? Dunno whether to do law as well

They are good options, I definitely recommend English Lit and Psychology but Media studies would also be a great A level for this field of work!

Quick Reply

Latest