The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mr_Steve_Stifler
Utterly ******* depressed. What should i do now that i won't get into uni? Both my firm and insurance are AAA.

hey you don't know for sure yet. how come your insurance is AAA also? i thought most people who have an AAA firm would make an AAB as their insurance
Reply 2
Mr_Steve_Stifler
Utterly ******* depressed. What should i do now that i won't get into uni? Both my firm and insurance are AAA.

Yeah, kind of your own fault for choosing that as your insurance.
Reply 3
I did that aswell, but to be fair, One of my AAA was with A's in all maths modules, the other was AAA without module scores. Funny thing is, i think i mucked up my C4 exam (by that i mean probably not an A), so im glad i did my offers the way i did. Bath here i come!

As for the OP, maybe he had the same situation i had, that, or just being silly.
It is my fault but do you think i don't know that. It ******* hurts man, to have all your hopes and aspirations just ******* disappear with one synoptic module. I can't live at the minute, i just can't do anything because i'm so ******* pissed off with how life is going. I just don't know what the **** to do, it's the only course i want to do at university so going to university is not an option ... i just don't know.

I sound like i am being fickle but really, you don't understand how long i wanted to succeed at this, it took the last exam today for me to know i ****** up. I think i've done well on the other ones but it just takes one bad exam to **** you up for good.
there's always clearing or taking a gap year and reapplying, don't give up hope yet :smile:
AAB will still get you into a decent uni!
also, it might not have gone as badly as you think just try and forget about it and enjoy your summer before worrying about results!
What's your course?
If you have screwed up, at least (from the impression you've given) you've only done so in one exam.
Resit in January and have a year out. Not fun if it isn't what you want to do, but not the end of your life.
Your uni may still consider you if you have AAB, this happens from time to time.
Law, and thinking back now, i think i've totally ****** up. I only revised for a day before the exams, it was my own fault.
Reply 8
I've messed up - my exams were so close together, and study leave was so late, that I had absolutely no time to properly revise.

I hope the admissions tutors will be lenient, because it's not like everyone's jumping to do modern languages...
VanillaCat
I've messed up - my exams were so close together, and study leave was so late, that I had absolutely no time to properly revise.

I hope the admissions tutors will be lenient, because it's not like everyone's jumping to do modern languages...

Absolutely same problem. I only had 2 weeks to revise for 12 exams.
Reply 10
Do a third year at college.
Francis Y
Do a third year at college.

It's a horrible place, i have to travel for 30 miles every day there because its the best college in the area but i just cannot be bothered because its just the atmosphere of the place which gets on my nerves.

And the module that i ****** up particularly bad on can only be sat in the summer.
I feel some of your pain Mr SS :frown:.

AAB offer but the insurance of ABB doesn't tug on my heartstrings at all anymore :frown:.

I blame Politics :frown:.
Reply 13
Mr_Steve_Stifler
It's a horrible place, i have to travel for 30 miles every day there because its the best college in the area but i just cannot be bothered because its just the atmosphere of the place which gets on my nerves.

And the module that i ****** up particularly bad on can only be sat in the summer.

Well I guess for you, it wouldn't be the best college in the area.

I didn't choose the "best college" in my area (statastically), but I found the teachers to be extremely good and down to earth.
Francis Y
Well I guess for you, it wouldn't be the best college in the area.

I didn't choose the "best college" in my area (statastically), but I found the teachers to be extremely good and down to earth.

I got to QE in Darlington. Do you go to middlesbrough?
what uni are you trying to get into if you dont mind me asking?
they might be lenient, you never know. depends what uni it is.
Reply 16
I fecked up majorly.

Worse than any of you guys.

:frown:
Reply 17
Mr_Steve_Stifler
I got to QE in Darlington. Do you go to middlesbrough?

I go to St. Mary's College.

What subjects were you doing?
Francis Y
I go to St. Mary's College.

What subjects were you doing?

I did do English Literature, History and Politics.
Reply 19
N00bsicle
I fecked up majorly.

Worse than any of you guys.

:frown:

Well, you clearly haven't met me yet. :frown: I already started looking at colleges and centres to retake in, why did our year have to be the last for certain specifications...arrghhh.:mad:

Latest