The Student Room Group

The Legend of Zelda Society

Scroll to see replies

They should release a physical translated copy of Hyrule Historia.
Reply 1581
Original post by Linweth
They should release a physical translated copy of Hyrule Historia.

They should, but that glitter berri site is good enough at the moment.

I'm still in love with both your avatar and sig.
Original post by Hylean
They should, but that glitter berri site is good enough at the moment.

I'm still in love with both your avatar and sig.

I know but I still want a pretty physical copy ;_;
Reply 1583
Original post by Linweth
I know but I still want a pretty physical copy ;_;

Me too. They really should publish it over here. After all, Europe was the first to receive SS!
Predictions for next game release?
Reply 1585
25 years in the future.
Reply 1586

:rofl:
I'm not quite sure if 12 facepalms is enough for that!
Reply 1589
What I'd like to know is, if the timeline Glitter Berri translated for us is correct, where did the Master Sword wander off to between SS and OoT?
Reply 1590
I don't know how much you guys will care, but there's a bi-annual toy/figure convention in Japan known as Wonder Festival.

One of the companies, Max Factory/GoodSmile Company, just announced a Skyward Sword Link action figure. It may not sound like a big deal, but considering there's never been anything like this announced before and some craptacular OoT merch with only 4 points of articulation go for hundreds on eBay nowadays (see links), depending on the piece, you can see why this could be a big deal since Nintendo very rarely market merch beyond their games. It's a none thing to me as I collect figmas anyway, but if you're a Zelda fan, it should definitely be something you consider picking up. If I remember, when it gets closer to the release date, I'll post details of how and where to buy them for a reasonable, non-rape price.

It looks fantastic, imo. Compared to these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Link-Action-Figure-Legend-Zelda-Ocarina-Time-Joy-Ride-Nintendo-Power-2002-/230743458587?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b961c31b

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zelda-Ocarina-Time-Figures-w-horses-NIB-VERY-RARE-/130644290230?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6b01aab6

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Legend-Zelda-Link-figure-NEW-original-box-Rare-Nintendo-OCARINA-TIME-/120853795244?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c237291ac
(edited 12 years ago)
Series of Zelda are one of my favourites next to Super Mario and Mega Man.
My favourtie game is still "Zelda ocarina of time" for N64 (Yes, I'm a retro-gamer!),
but "a Link to the past" for SNES , which is similar to ocarina of time, and "Links Awakening" for
Game Boy are also nice.

The last game about Zelda which I played was "oracle of seasons" for a looong time...
In spite of the fact that I have played Zelda many years ago, I would love to play "Twilight Princess" today - it looks amazing.

However I haven't either a Wii or a Game Cube to play it.
Original post by Kallisto
Series of Zelda are one of my favourites next to Super Mario and Mega Man.
My favourtie game is still "Zelda ocarina of time" for N64 (Yes, I'm a retro-gamer!),
but "a Link to the past" for SNES , which is similar to ocarina of time, and "Links Awakening" for
Game Boy are also nice.

The last game about Zelda which I played was "oracle of seasons" for a looong time...
In spite of the fact that I have played Zelda many years ago, I would love to play "Twilight Princess" today - it looks amazing.

However I haven't either a Wii or a Game Cube to play it.

You should try and pick up a Wii(backwards compat so it will play Gamecube games) so you can play Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Should be able to pick up a second hand one for a reasonable price :smile:
Reply 1593
Original post by RHCPfan

Original post by RHCPfan
You should try and pick up a Wii(backwards compat so it will play Gamecube games) so you can play Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Should be able to pick up a second hand one for a reasonable price :smile:

You forgot about Wind Waker.
Original post by Tabris
You forgot about Wind Waker.

:colondollar: I still havn't picked up a copy of that and now it's very pricey. I don't know why I didn't get it back then. I enjoyed the demo on the LoZ collectors edition that came with the GC.
Reply 1595
It sort of saddens me that the N64 era is now considered retro-gaming.
Original post by RHCPfan

Should I buy a Wii for some games?
Never!

Even if Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are nice I won't spend my money
only for Zelda. Furthermore I don't play Zelda so much like at that time.

Before I stopped to play Zelda, I played over 5 hours and more.
The good old times...
And now I haven't had time to play anything.

If a friend has these games, I will play them.
Reply 1597
Original post by Kallisto
Should I buy a Wii for some games?
Never!

I'm at a loss to think of anything else you might buy a Wii for? :s-smilie:
Reply 1598
Original post by Hylean
It sort of saddens me that the N64 era is now considered retro-gaming.

Cartridge gaming is retro gaming.
Reply 1599
Original post by Aust1n

Original post by Aust1n
Cartridge gaming is retro gaming.

Casette gaming is retro gaming to me... and I'm only 23.

Quick Reply