The Student Room Group

The Legend of Zelda Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Original post by pinkpenguin
Link to the Past!!!

Original post by TotoMimo
Majora's Mask is undoubtedly the deepest, most mature and complex Zelda game to date, and my personal favourite. All of them have their plus points, from the sheer freedom of the original, the sense of discovery in Link's Awakening, the beautiful multiple states of the Oracles games, the unique controls of Phantom Hourglass and the sheer sense of characterisation of Wind Waker. But for me, it is the sense of inevitability, impending destiny, the tragedy of death and love unrequited, of doomed relationships and forgotten heroes that Majora's Mask has, and no other Zelda has since equalled.

SKRAT! HEIT! SEET! YAHHH!

I'd much rather have MM remade. It's my favourite, possibly second favourite, along with SS.

Besides, it makes sense what with OoT having been released on the 3DS already.
Reply 1681
Original post by Brotherhood
Speaking of Wind Waker, there's never any love for it. I thought it was a brilliant game, one of my favourites easily, but you never really hear people praising it.

Don't get me wrong, it's all about OoT, but WW was still a great new direction to take the game in, if only for a single installment and a couple of spin-offs.

Agree with you there brother, Wind Waker is immense!
Original post by pinkpenguin
Link to the Past!!!

Original post by Luhar
Best Zelda game ever.

Full agreement here. Finally completed it fully (found the last bloody secret sea shell, I refused to Google it), and I just sat there, amazed, yet slightly saddened. :') I am definitely going to play it through again when I finish my exams.
I personally believe that they were onto something amazing with Wind Waker. A level of characterisation and personality, animation so unique and expressive that even though the waterlogged world was so barren, everything felt so diverse and full of pure charm.

Then we got Twilight Princess. Brown bland world of "me too, Lord of the Rings", where everything was barren, and even the one NPC you met every hour or so... you couldn't speak to.

When I got to the Castle Town it felt so soulless, you couldn't speak to anyone, like they were just props. In contrast look at Windfall in Wind Waker; the amount of life, diversity and styles in such a tiny place...
Majora's Mask was definitely a sensational game and I loved how interactive Wind waker was and really good music from that, in the future I hope to make a game similar to Zelda Wind Waker because travelling throughout the sea was just really relaxing and adventurous and the story line wasn't always linear, you could go and do different things etc.
I just find it slightly irritating when I hear things like, "It's not as good, I played the original one on the N64."

ARGH.

Come back, kid, when you've arranged several HAND DRAWN NOTEPAD MAPS on your bedroom floor to try to finish the NES Zelda as a bloody frustrated lad!
Reply 1686
Love the fact that they did a 25th anniversary concert. Why don't we get more of that kind of thing?

It was so amazing - a CD of some of the stuff they played came with skyward sword if you haven't heard any of the pieces.
Now I've come back home from uni I can finally play more SS again. :biggrin:

:teeth:
Coolest.Wii.Ever.

Found it on 9gag
About to embark on an epic adventure into Koholint Island. :biggrin: Bring it on Wind Fish!
Just found this:

http://cheezburger.com/5478784512

It's just beautiful :smile:
Original post by Annie72
Just found this:

http://cheezburger.com/5478784512

It's just beautiful :smile:

Yeah, I agree with you. This picture consists of the most famous/well-known Zelda games which were released ever. In my opinion it would be suitable for fresko painting in a church. :smile:
Reply 1693
Original post by Kallisto
Yeah, I agree with you. This picture consists of the most famous/well-known Zelda games which were released ever. In my opinion it would be suitable for fresko painting in a church. :smile:

Seen the smosh music video for zelda? :tongue:
Original post by Axion
Seen the smosh music video for zelda? :tongue:

Did you mean this one?

I was watching right then.
Reply 1695
Did you mean this one?

I was watching right then.

hell yes :wink:
I have seen a nice parody about Zelda long time ago. I have just looking for and here it is:

I'm wonder why Link is mute in every game. I think he is really not able to talk with people. :biggrin:
Reply 1697
I have seen a nice parody about Zelda long time ago. I have just looking for and here it is:

I'm wonder why Link is mute in every game. I think he is really not able to talk with people. :biggrin:

haha :P repped btw for posting video for others
Loving Skyward Sword atm, just completed the Second trial in the Desert.

They are rather fiendish, especially planning how you go about collecting the tears!
Is there anybody who knows cliches about Zelda? Here is one of them: An item which was found in a temple (dungeon) is important to defeat the boss at the end.

Quick Reply

Latest