The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ive got 3 next week...two gen studs n C1 on mon and Emma Eng Lit on tuesday *nervous look* ...

12 days off after that yay!..

then Bio, Chem, S1

another 12 days off...yay!

and then c2 and they're finally over
scottalota
does any one have edexcel as thier exam board for maths??

I do.
I have 5 exams in 3 days next week :afraid: On Tuesday afternoon, I have English lit Unit 2 (Pre-1900 Prose), which is closed text, so the questions are easier but I need to memorise some quotes and make sure I know the context really well. On Wednesday morning I have sociology Unit 1 (Families and Households) and 2 (Education). I'm not worried about Education at all, but I have a crap teacher for Family and will basically have to teach myself the whole unit. Then on Thursday morning, I have French Unit 1 (Listening and Writing) and 2 (Reading and Writing), which I'm not really worried about as it's difficult to revise for it.
kellywood_5
I have 5 exams in 3 days next week :afraid: On Tuesday afternoon, I have English lit Unit 2 (Pre-1900 Prose), which is closed text, so the questions are easier but I need to memorise some quotes and make sure I know the context really well. On Wednesday morning I have sociology Unit 1 (Families and Households) and 2 (Education). I'm not worried about Education at all, but I have a crap teacher for Family and will basically have to teach myself the whole unit. Then on Thursday morning, I have French Unit 1 (Listening and Writing) and 2 (Reading and Writing), which I'm not really worried about as it's difficult to revise for it.

so unfair :p: - wish I wasn't worried about French! I can't make myself revise but I'm scared sh*tless :frown:
*Bethany*
so unfair :p: - wish I wasn't worried about French! I can't make myself revise but I'm scared sh*tless :frown:

Awww *hugs* Don't worry, you'll be fine :smile: I think we've switched places. Originally you were really laid-back and I was really worried, now it's the other way around! At least you don't have sociology next week though. Have you had any English exams yet?
kellywood_5
Awww *hugs* Don't worry, you'll be fine :smile: I think we've switched places. Originally you were really laid-back and I was really worried, now it's the other way around! At least you don't have sociology next week though. Have you had any English exams yet?

hehe sounds about right :smile: that's cos I don't start panicking until about a week before the exams; that's why I can't motivate myself to revise til the last minute. Then I totally freak out! Good luck with Sociology and French (not that you'll need it!)

Am kinda freaked atm because I can't make myself revise; I can't get an A in French; and I actually don't feel prepared for an exam on "The Miller's Tale" which is a bummer cos normally I can rely on English exams to "unpanic" me a bit :frown:
*Bethany*
hehe sounds about right :smile: that's cos I don't start panicking until about a week before the exams; that's why I can't motivate myself to revise til the last minute. Then I totally freak out! Good luck with Sociology and French (not that you'll need it!)

Am kinda freaked atm because I can't make myself revise; I can't get an A in French; and I actually don't feel prepared for an exam on "The Miller's Tale" which is a bummer cos normally I can rely on English exams to "unpanic" me a bit :frown:

It's worrying me that I'm so relaxed this year :confused: For GCSEs I was really nervous, but now I have exams in 3 of my 4 subjects next week and yet I don't seem to be worried at all. I don't think I did fantastically well in the poetry section of my English exam last week, but I haven't been worried about that either. Thanks for the luck :smile: Sociology will be fun as I have a crap teacher for Unit 1, so me and my best mate are having a frantic cramming session tomorrow using these summary sheets our decent teacher for Unit 2 gave us. Luckily sociology is the kind of subject you can blag your way through :smile: I certainly did a fair bit of blagging in that poetry question!
everyone has an english lit exam! am i the ony one that does english language!? (next week tuesday PM)
Reply 68
Wilko_777
I do.

Brilliant - then perhaps u can tell me where the heck we get their specimen papers from?! I can every other exam boards ones...

Scott
Tbh, I don't know what to expect from myself as I have not really done as much revision as I think I should have. I have English Lit on Wednesday, and Spanish on Friday and Monday. English is the only one I'm worried about as with Spanish I can squeeze my way into a B without doing work. However my expectations for English are much higher. I want an A* in Lit, but besides doing practise timed essays and refreshing myself with the texts I haven't done much else. I'm the kind of person who cannot revise two months before because it'll all go out of my head. I'm a better worker under pressure!

I suppose one of the most relieving things about my exams is that I have already done my Art and Drama which is a big load out of the way. No I can focus on everything else, thank goodness Science and Maths are after half term!

Good Luck everyone
icetopaz
kellywood_5
It's worrying me that I'm so relaxed this year :confused: For GCSEs I was really nervous, but now I have exams in 3 of my 4 subjects next week and yet I don't seem to be worried at all. I don't think I did fantastically well in the poetry section of my English exam last week, but I haven't been worried about that either. Thanks for the luck :smile: Sociology will be fun as I have a crap teacher for Unit 1, so me and my best mate are having a frantic cramming session tomorrow using these summary sheets our decent teacher for Unit 2 gave us. Luckily sociology is the kind of subject you can blag your way through :smile: I certainly did a fair bit of blagging in that poetry question!

I'm sure you've done great :smile: and trust me it's much better to be relaxed - I've been waking up at 4am stressed to the eyeballs so I'm permanently knackered :frown: ho hum

Atm am helping my mum at intermissions to tutor a friend for her GCSEs, so that's... fun, but at least it means I can stop trying to cram the entire Letts guide's vocab on one day for a while, lol!

good luck with sociology, have fun cramming :smile:

icetopaz...: Don't worry that's what I did for English too and I got A* :smile: you can blag a high mark relatively easily as long as you know the text and spend a few mins planning the structure of your essay in the exam good luck :biggrin:
Reply 71
ahh :frown: i have maths AS level core 1 examination 2moro morning... im doing it a year early because im "special" but i've sat on my ass so much this year im gna flunk, i got an A in GCSE last year, but im predicted a low D this year, i have 8 hours to revise/get good... please can anyone help me? :frown:

Mikey :frown:
Reply 72
oh yeah, i 4got its MATHS lol, incase ur wondring... :smile:
*Bethany*
I'm sure you've done great :smile: and trust me it's much better to be relaxed - I've been waking up at 4am stressed to the eyeballs so I'm permanently knackered :frown: ho hum

Atm am helping my mum at intermissions to tutor a friend for her GCSEs, so that's... fun, but at least it means I can stop trying to cram the entire Letts guide's vocab on one day for a while, lol!

good luck with sociology, have fun cramming :smile:

icetopaz...: Don't worry that's what I did for English too and I got A* :smile: you can blag a high mark relatively easily as long as you know the text and spend a few mins planning the structure of your essay in the exam good luck :biggrin:

Thanks :smile: I guess it is good, but then on the other hand, if I wasn't so relaxed, I might actually do more than minimal amounts of revision!

My best friend's just gone home, and predictably we did more chatting than revising :redface: but at least we got the 2 worst topics done and talked through some past papers.
Wednesday morning - sociology - education.
Reply 75
history tomorrow. totally dreading it. have done not nearly enough revision but hey, this time tomorrow it will all be over!

Latest

Trending

Trending