The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 1
Then you can find yourself a nice little alley to sleep down until you get your keys :biggrin:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
r_raghav11
i was just wondering ....i'll be getting the keys to my accomadation on 19th sept and my course starts on 22nd. that doesnt give me enough time to settle down and have a look around etc...u know ! so ...in case i land up say a few days before i'm supposed to ...wat happenes ? :rolleyes:

Phone up the accomodation office well in advance- eg....perhaps now just to be on the safe side...explain to them that you are an international student and you may be arriving a few days before you are due to pick up your keys and ask them if there's any way you can pick your keys up early or something- if the answer is no then i'm sure they'll give you some contacts of what you can do....you can't be the only one to have found themselves in this position.

Ruthie xx
Reply 3
the alley idea was great!!! man...get some scotch and blend with nature! haha! though i'd land up gettin my keys all wet, drunk and rowdy...and i'm sure that aint gonna help me! :rolleyes: so guess i'll email housing services and c wat they say!
Reply 4
There's this guy in Birmingham, Curtis, Curtis E. Bear. Yeah, well he runs a business specializing in cardboard box houses for alleys, though its not what your thinking. These babies are top of the line (Shop smart, shop S-Mart) and come with plumbing, air conditioning and beautiful views... of alley walls. If it doesn't work out with the dudes in accomadation, just remember Mr Bear... Mr Curtis E. Bear.
Reply 5
basically, even though your course "starts" on the 22nd, you won't actually do anything proper until after the first week you've been there! we moved in on the 19th, uni started that week, but we just had little meetings about what classes we wanted to sign up for etc! dont worry, you're still going to have time to look round, i wouldnt advise moving in early as you'll probably be alone for a few days if not longer!

Latest

Trending

Trending