The Student Room Group

Newquay!!!

Basically, I"m going to Newquay next week with a bunch of friends and i can't wait!!!!!!!!1:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

I am sooo excited!

anyway, just wanted to hear anyones' past experiences with Newquay, and if they have any recommendations? (what to do during day, clubs, etc) I'm 16 btw, and i've heard there's one u-18 club. :woo:

and any advice that would be helpful when I'm there.

THanks!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone?
It's great fun, if you're female and have started puberty you'll get into the +18 clubs, I'm not sure about how good the under 18 club is because I was 18 and therefore couldn't go obviously, but if you find you're getting into the main clubs I recommend Baracudas and Red Square. Handy hint, you can sneak into Baracudas by prying open the fire exit door out the front, you end up behind the bar on the bottom floor (It's a big club with 3 floors), so it's fairly risky, but I got away with it twice.

I had no money, so I was loving this pikey trick.

Oh yeah and watch out for condoms on the shoulder, the locals like to do this to tourists.
I love Newquay, some great shops (if you like overpriced board-wear) and some great pubs n clubs - although, I'm not too sure what a 16 yr old would do at night?

But yeah, hot surfer guys a plenty, I bloody love the place.
Reply 4
WhatawickedDJ
It's great fun, if you're female and have started puberty you'll get into the +18 clubs, I'm not sure about how good the under 18 club is because I was 18 and therefore couldn't go obviously, but if you find you're getting into the main clubs I recommend Baracudas and Red Square. Handy hint, you can sneak into Baracudas by prying open the fire exit door out the front, you end up behind the bar on the bottom floor (It's a big club with 3 floors), so it's fairly risky, but I got away with it twice.

I had no money, so I was loving this pikey trick.

Oh yeah and watch out for condoms on the shoulder, the locals like to do this to tourists.

I'm a guy.

I'm sure there is a lot to do for 16 yr olds..the place we're staying is aimed at 16+ so must be stuff to do :biggrin:

it'd just be helpful to know rather than try and find out when I'm there. also thousands of people my age go every summer, must be something there!

what so the locals just put a condom on your shoulder/?? bit odd. lol
Reply 5
Don't buy a newquay hoodie, you will go off it the moment you get home!
Reply 6
ursaminor
Don't buy a newquay hoodie, you will go off it the moment you get home!

did bit of research...you mean this??

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/object2/32/99/n5439819687_2011.jpg

does everyone just end up buying one then?

seems quite a good souvenir to me :biggrin:

how much do they cost btw?
Where are you staying?
Well alot of people camp, so you'll no doubt have parties and drink and shag with people there, that on top of the under 18 club will probably be more than enough entertainment at 16. If you didn't know watersports are the main attraction during the day.
Reply 9
Fistral beach is awesome and definately worth checking out. The surf is awesome and I would strongly recommend giving it a shot even if you've never done it before. You can hire a wetsuit and board for under a tenner a day if I remember correctly. When I went I just used to spend most of the day lazing on the beach working the tan haha. Didn't really check out the nightlife wrt clubs, bars etc. but you could easliy just spend the evening on the beach as well.
Reply 10
It's gonna fail at night.

Heavy drinking was the only thing that attracted me to the place.
Reply 11
LittleMissSunshine5
Where are you staying?

a surf lodge, doesn't look that comfortable but means i can spend more on other stuff!
Reply 12
Garnerish
It's gonna fail at night.

Heavy drinking was the only thing that attracted me to the place.

ye il be doing that... what's so bad?
There's **** all to do at night if you're under 18, ngl.

Fistral beach though, go there in the day and surf and stare in awe at the guys.
Reply 14
I went to Newquay a couple of months ago to visit a friend who's at college there and I thought it was the most depressingly vile place I've ever been. Completely and utterly naff. Everyone else I know loves it though; have a good time!
douchebags central
Reply 16
explosiive
There's **** all to do at night if you're under 18, ngl.

Fistral beach though, go there in the day and surf and stare in awe at the guys.

kl, il check it out..

btw, IM A GUY!
I went last summer. Stayed near Fistral Beach which was quite far away from everyone else, but we had a really nice apartment so it wasn't too bad :wink:

We went to Sailors and Berties... Berties was RUBBISH but Sailors was pretty good. Be prepared for having grimy little paws all over you though, and it's best to just tell everyone you're taken. I actually was, so it got a bit uncomfortable after a while.

Fistral Beach is nicer than the other one that everyone we knew stayed near... can't remember what it was called. OH and if you're self catering, the big Somerfield is an utter godsend.

We had awful weather for the entire week so we mostly spent it either in the town area or shivering on the beach in driving rain. Hopefully you won't have such bad luck :yy:
Reply 18
I don't mean to be a snob but i've heard it's turned into a bit of a Costra Brava destination ever since the cheap flights started to go down there?
Where are you stayin??

Im desperate to go down to cornwall with friends but no caMpsites will have us! (all 17)

Latest